• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root List of Fascinate Themes/Roms

Does the new market seem to run a lot slower for anyone who has tried 0.8 or 0.9?
Seems fine/the same for me
op updated to include jts 0.9 rom
I dont know if it was .8 or .9 that included it [obviously you get it with .9] but I really like the newest swype for whatever reason it seems, seems to me at least more accurate than previous version and I like the new look

Upvote 0

I dont know if it was .8 or .9 that included it [obviously you get it with .9] but I really like the newest swype for whatever reason it seems, seems to me at least more accurate than previous version and I like the new look

I definitely don't see it on .8 so I will assume it is on .9. Going to put that on my phone here in a few.

Reactions: saps
Upvote 0
I definitely don't see it on .8 so I will assume it is on .9. Going to put that on my phone here in a few.
Yeah I dont remember it being on .8 but then I was late flashing .8 and within hours of me flashing .8 I was flashing .9 but this just confirms its only in .9. jt merely changed his thread title at xda so the changelog looked the same afterwards.

For the swype fans I think most should like the latest swype

Upvote 0

That's interesting, I just flashed .9 (no problems) then flashed the latest superdark theme on top of it and it borked swype.

edit: I guess there's no real mystery...the swype theme in superdark must not be compatible with the new version of swype.

Upvote 0
Absolutely love the look of Swype in 0.9. Is anybody else having issues with screen timeouts when in a call, though? Even if on speakerphone and plugged into USB debugging, the screen sleeps during calls. If I wake it, it doesn't even stay awake for long enough to press the end-call button. Is this ROM related, or maybe a phone setting I just haven't found?

Upvote 0
you dont *have* to...its a best practice however...but most havent :)

I usually always wipe data between roms but with .9 I didn't and it took forever to load I thought at first I was bootlooping but gave it like 5 mins and it finally went through. So I say from now on I will just not be lazy and make sure everything is backed up and just wipe data. I never do with kernels but will for roms like nit says "for best practice":D

Upvote 0
I usually always wipe data between roms but with .9 I didn't and it took forever to load I thought at first I was bootlooping but gave it like 5 mins and it finally went through. So I say from now on I will just not be lazy and make sure everything is backed up and just wipe data. I never do with kernels but will for roms like nit says "for best practice":D

for me: flash rom=wipe data/cache

flash kernel=wipe cache

these roms are all very similar though at their core and wiping data isnt entirely neccessary

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
so is that thought that AOSP will be the "purest" google ROM for our phones?

cause i love the idea of running an efficient google phone...:D

aosp is android built from the google source. while its generally preferable for some of us because of speed and not being tainted with oem skins...some people dont prefer because they like the added apps/programs by the oem...like samsungs contacts app over aosp...etc

its all about personal preference really

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones