• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help List of Issues I've found with my Droid Incredible

and we have a cause of the issues ladies and gents. Please do a factory reset and stop your "tweaking" as its clearly causing you issues.

I don't really care to argue this any longer but by tweaking, I meant doing research online(quite a bit here on Phandroid) and adjusting settings. This is not "clearly causing my issues", I'm not talking about doing anything major. I mean things like finding ways to get my battery life up through the settings, avoiding certain apps, and using/not using Task Killers. Stuff like this:
http://androidforums.com/incredible...ple-fixes-you-dont-need-extended-battery.html
Thanks for reminding me, but I've done more factory resets than I'd like and thats a big part of my issue...a factory reset for every problem isn't a solution IMO. One of the refurbs I just got needed a factory reset after 1.5 days of use with not one extra app downloaded because it wouldn't send out a text message. Yep, reset fixed it but it's not very convenient to redo everything in your phone so often. It had become like maintenance.

Upvote 0
I don't have any of the listed problems. I have a stock Incredible with Android 2.2 ( I don't like to root) and I don't use a task killer (that caused a LOT of problems). I LOVE my Incredible!!

I completely believe you and I wish I was in your shoes. Not directed towards you, but sadly this hasn't been my experience and whether others on here want to believe it, a decent number of people have had fairly poor experiences with their Incredibles for a variety of reasons. Yes, you are going to have people who don't understand the phone, Android, etc. and their issues really are user error. But, this is going to be the case with most phones and operating systems...you have people on all different levels using the same device.

I mean, I've seen every issue I posted here somewhere in a forum or review page (except the contact one) and there's some others that brought up here. I think the majority of people have had the battery issue, had to factory reset (maybe more than once)and have experienced some random reboots. I, like others, can deal with this. But, when you start adding in other big issues that others have clearly had such as the Low Memory and the newly realized burn-in issue it seems like problems that shouldn't be happening only a few months after release. Throw on top the text messaging problem and the result is a phone that just isn't for me any longer. And, its not just me, there is stuff like this all over the place. See this thread, especially the last page.
HTC Droid Incredible Problems and Reviews: Submit Yours Now! Phone Reviews

However, I understand that people who love their Incredibles don't like seeing this and those who haven't had problems won't understand the complaints...but it is real. I guess I wish some people on here wouldn't choose to respond so negatively. I can understand if you love your phone, hear me out when I tell you the problems I've had and don't act like I'm full of it just because it hasn't happened to you. The Incredible isn't perfect, so what, no phone is.

Upvote 0
And, its not just me, there is stuff like this all over the place. See this thread, especially the last page.
HTC Droid Incredible Problems and Reviews: Submit Yours Now! Phone Reviews

Ugh, you were so close to ending on a graceful note. That blog post specifically asks people to discuss the problems they've encountered. Of course there are going to be posts about problems people have experienced! DUH! I could write some on there too about my beloved Incredible. That means nothing, however. Every, or damn near every, single technological device I have ever owned has had one or more issues pop up along the way. If there was a post asking for problems with my enV2, PS3, iPod Touch, Comcast HDDVR box, Macbook, HP dv2500t, Epson CX8400 all-in-one, and Asus router, I'd be able to post one or more issues I've experienced with each one. And those are just the electronics I recently have used or still use.

It is when the issues are so persistent or so numerous that your day-to-day use is inhibited that it becomes a major problem. I realize you were one of the unlucky few to have a bad Incredible (or two). It sucks, because the majority of people, unlike you claim, use their Incredibles with minor issue.

However, I understand that people who love their Incredibles don't like seeing this and those who haven't had problems won't understand the complaints...but it is real. I guess I wish some people on here wouldn't choose to respond so negatively. I can understand if you love your phone, hear me out when I tell you the problems I've had and don't act like I'm full of it just because it hasn't happened to you. The Incredible isn't perfect, so what, no phone is.

You receive negative responses because of the way you come off. As a bitter Incredible user who is certain all Incredibles suffer from the problems you experienced and that no one should buy an Incredible.

Once again, if you search the forum for any smartphone, yes any, you will see numerous threads about people having issues. That is technology. You either find a solution or find a different product. You went with the latter. We wish you the best, but please stop trying to say that nearly all Incredible owners are not happy with their phone. It is simply not true.

Upvote 0
Ugh, you were so close to ending on a graceful note. That blog post specifically asks people to discuss the problems they've encountered. Of course there are going to be posts about problems people have experienced! DUH! I could write some on there too about my beloved Incredible. That means nothing, however. Every, or damn near every, single technological device I have ever owned has had one or more issues pop up along the way. If there was a post asking for problems with my enV2, PS3, iPod Touch, Comcast HDDVR box, Macbook, HP dv2500t, Epson CX8400 all-in-one, and Asus router, I'd be able to post one or more issues I've experienced with each one. And those are just the electronics I recently have used or still use.

I completely agree with this, I've owned a ton of electronics and had plenty of issues which is normal and expected.

It is when the issues are so persistent or so numerous that your day-to-day use is inhibited that it becomes a major problem. I realize you were one of the unlucky few to have a bad Incredible (or two).

Yeah, the persistent problems were the main issue. But one of the unlucky few to have a bad Incredible...Come On! How many people have you seen just on here on their 3rd or more replacement phone? I remember one person talking about being on their 6th. Props to that guy, I don't have enough love for any product to keep using it after 5 bad tries in a row.

It sucks, because the majority of people, unlike you claim, use their Incredibles with minor issue.

Not sure how you know this to be true, there are a lot of people saying good things, a lot saying bad from what we all can see online. Don't know how you decipher the majority out of that...

You receive negative responses because of the way you come off. As a bitter Incredible user who is certain all Incredibles suffer from the problems you experienced and that no one should buy an Incredible.

I am not telling anyone to not buy an Incredible. I never said everyone had all these problems, you're turning it into this. I have to wonder how this thread would have went had I posted the exact same thing yet never said I was switching to the X ? I would guess the responses may have been more suggestions and less flaming. Why does it matter so much that the phone wasn't good for me and here's what I experienced?

Once again, if you search the forum for any smartphone, yes any, you will see numerous threads about people having issues. That is technology. You either find a solution or find a different product. You went with the latter. We wish you the best, but please stop trying to say that nearly all Incredible owners are not happy with their phone. It is simply not true.

Once again with the assumptions. By merely seeing this thread, we both know this isn't correct and I never even attempted to say all Incredible owners aren't happy with the phone. The bottom line is my wife is in the hospital and I've got plenty of spare time online waiting to go home and you're very passionate about HTC and your phone. Let's just leave it at that because we're just going in circles and I'm pretty sure we aren't going to change each other's mind. I understand and respect your dedication to HTC. Similarly, I have been big into Volkswagens for the last 12 years and choose not to own anything else. They tend to get great initial reviews and then a lot of complaints later in life. I've owned 5, they have some funny issues sometimes and they're not for everyone, but they're what I like and its my choice. It's good to have things in life you're passionate about. Good luck

Upvote 0
By the way, if any of you guys wanna call dibs, I'm going to sell the extras I've got from the Incredibles all purchased from Verizon. I've got a 2 week old 2150 battery, hi gloss black silicon cover I modified to fit the ext battery and a modified hard black holster/case. Also a brand new in box standard Inc battery, regular hard black holster/case, and a red and a black hi gloss silicon cover. I'll post in the classifieds if needed but to avoid having to ship it separately, if anyone wants it all, you can have it for $75!:D

Upvote 0
...and you're very passionate about HTC and your phone. Let's just leave it at that because we're just going in circles and I'm pretty sure we aren't going to change each other's mind. I understand and respect your dedication to HTC. Similarly, I have been big into Volkswagens for the last 12 years and choose not to own anything else. They tend to get great initial reviews and then a lot of complaints later in life. I've owned 5, they have some funny issues sometimes and they're not for everyone, but they're what I like and its my choice.

I'm not going to quote it, but you said a few posts ago that the majority of Incredible owners deal with the problems you did. I was merely pointing out, again, that that's not true. I do this only so if someone thinking about buying the Incredible comes across this thread, he knows the majority of Incredible users are perfectly happy.

And I am a big HTC supporter, but don't think I wouldn't switch to another brand next. I'll give HTC first shot, but if there's something better out there, I'd make the switch.

Upvote 0
I'm not going to quote it

Referring to this?
I think the majority of people have had the battery issue, had to factory reset (maybe more than once)and have experienced some random reboots.

Notice the I THINK before the statement? And even then, how do you know this isn't correct?

he knows the majority of Incredible users are perfectly happy.

I'm not saying you're wrong, I really don't know if this statement is true or not, how can you? I'm trying to play nice but it's a little frustrating that you blatantly state my thoughts on this subject are wrong but yours are fact with nothing to back it up.

Upvote 0
Referring to this?

Notice the I THINK before the statement? And even then, how do you know this isn't correct?

I'm not saying you're wrong, I really don't know if this statement is true or not, how can you? I'm trying to play nice but it's a little frustrating that you blatantly state my thoughts on this subject are wrong but yours are fact with nothing to back it up.

I didn't want to have to throw this out there, but I work for a company that polls such data. Of the eight people polled, it was unanimous: all eight love their Incredibles.

Edit: This is not true, of course. I am just being difficult out of boredom. On a serious note, well wishes to you and your wife.

Upvote 0
I didn't want to have to throw this out there, but I work for a company that polls such data. Of the eight people polled, it was unanimous: all eight love their Incredibles.

Edit: This is not true, of course. I am just being difficult out of boredom. On a serious note, well wishes to you and your wife.

Only from a fellow Yanks fan, lol, go Yanks! down by 5, pssf cmon nooooooow

Upvote 0
Ok so I have a question, but please do not attack or rip my head off for asking.lol.
So I have an Eris experiencing the silent bug issue. Talk to Verizon Tech and after 20min they told me I would be getting a Inc. However, the question I have is does the Inc have the same silent bug issue like the Eris?
Again it just a question!!!

Well, since I don't even know what the "silent bug issue" is, I'm going to say no. It doesn't mean it's not a possibility, however.

Upvote 0
Well, since I don't even know what the "silent bug issue" is, I'm going to say no. It doesn't mean it's not a possibility, however.
Sorry the Silent bug is when the phone owner make a call. The call goes through. However, the person that placed the call can not hear the person which recieved the call. The person that recieved the call can hear the person that made the call.
Also another question. Does the Inc have an issue with antena signal. As in the phone in a well covered area but the phone keeps searching for a signal?

Upvote 0
Sorry the Silent bug is when the phone owner make a call. The call goes through. However, the person that placed the call can not hear the person which recieved the call. The person that recieved the call can hear the person that made the call.
Also another question. Does the Inc have an issue with antena signal. As in the phone in a well covered area but the phone keeps searching for a signal?

I've never heard of the first problem. I also haven't seen any others mention it on this forum.

Personally, I've never had any antenna signal problem anywhere I've been with my Incredible in the 5 months I've had it.

Upvote 0

No and no.

I had an Eris for a few weeks, I know exactly what you are talking about.

Upvote 0

It's crazy you just mentioned that as I have experienced that a few times lately. I actually thought it was a Verizon network thing or the other person I was talking to.

I was going to take it in to Verizon but figured there would be no way I could duplicate the issue. I use this phone for business purpose and it is very frustrating (although it only happened a few times) to deal with especially since I switched to Verizon b/c of issues with AT&T's network.

Upvote 0
With BFS 1 kernel, battery seems fine. The two main issues for me are the Incredible has fake apps2sd (you can only install about 500mb of total apps- regardless of apps2sd or not) and the suck butt call quality that has been "well" documented and never fixed (probably because they can't).

Perhaps they can't, or can't without jeopardizing all those without call quality issues having them after an update. I realize it's a problem for some, but of the few people I know with Incredibles, no one has experienced it. It may be difficult to troubleshoot and/or it may simply be a hardware issue with some devices.

Upvote 0
You guys on this forum are such fanbois, as bad as Apple fanbois.

The INCs battery life is abysmal, absolutely abysmal. It does a lot of things well, but this is such a killer. I travel frequently, and on those days my phone is dead by the end of the day with light use, and that is with a 2150 battery. And before you say it, I don't have any task killers or any third party apps that are keeping my phone alive.

Suggest you buy the Seidio 3500 battery. I can go at least 2 days on a charge - sometimes 3 days. If you're a heavy user, the battery will definitely last a typical, full workday.

Upvote 0
Suggest you buy the Seidio 3500 battery. I can go at least 2 days on a charge - sometimes 3 days. If you're a heavy user, the battery will definitely last a typical, full workday.
WoW Tbolt, that must be like carring around a car battery on your phone. I am just joking with you. But if you could please upload some pic so we can see how much if any mass is added to the phone.

Upvote 0
WoW Tbolt, that must be like carring around a car battery on your phone. I am just joking with you. But if you could please upload some pic so we can see how much if any mass is added to the phone.

I agree. One of the selling points of the Incredible for me was its size and sleekness. Tripling the size of the battery eliminates that important factor. If you need to take such drastic measures, perhaps the Incredible isn't the phone for you.

Upvote 0
I agree. One of the selling points of the Incredible for me was its size and sleekness. Tripling the size of the battery eliminates that important factor. If you need to take such drastic measures, perhaps the Incredible isn't the phone for you.

X10...even the Verizon2150 ext battery works great but it adds so much to the back end of such a sleek phone it kinda defeats the purpose.

Upvote 0
I certainly do not agree about the importance of the phone's size. I need the phone to work as hard as I want and for as long as I need. If adding a couple centimeters to the dimensions of the phone is required to meet that demand, that's a small price to pay imho.

No problem, though ... for each his own. I noticed the complaint and offered what I considered to be a viable solution.

edit: By the way, the phone actually feels better in my hands with the added area. Not needing to worry about a charge for 48 hours is the most important benefit - not aesthetics.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones