• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

List of must have Apps! (please add)

Syv3n

Dec 2, 2009
Lets just make this a list of MUST have apps. I think we can try and seperate them in catagories too, so we can keep it organized.

Fun/Games:
Odd One Out (game)
Bonsai Blast (game)
Bejewled (game)
Flood-it! (game)
Block Jam lite (game)
Google Sky (fun)
Where (fun/helpful)

Settings:
QuickUninstall (manage apps)
Advanced Task Killer Free (manage apps)
Toggle Settings (Manage running apps, avail memory)
Spare parts (Additional Settings menu)

Tools:
SnapTell (Barcode scanner)
Handcent (Text Message app)
Dolphin Browser (Internet Browser)
Bank of America
Craigsphone (Craigslist app)
LinkedIn
Open Table
USA Today
Key Ring
Shop Savvy
Barcode Scanner

Health:
Calorie Counter
Cardio Trainer

Music/Ringtones:
Pandora (Music)
i Music (Music)
TuneWiki (Music)
Shazam (Music)
Mobilo Ringtones (Ringtones)
Ringdroid

Entertainment:
DirecTV NFL Supercast (Need Sunday Ticket & Superfan)
1Cast
Bloo (Facebook)
Movies (Flickster)

LBS:
Aloqua
Layar 3.0

Games:
Bejewled

Settings:
Toggle Settings (Manage running apps, avail memory)
Spare parts (Additional Settings menu)

Tools:
Bank of America
Craigsphone (Craigslist app)
LinkedIn
Open Table
USA Today
Key Ring
Shop Savvy
Barcode Scanner

Health:
Calorie Counter
Cardio Trainer

Music/Ringtones:
Ringdroid

Entertainment:
DirecTV NFL Supercast (Need Sunday Ticket & Superfan)
1Cast
Bloo (Facebook)
Movies (Flickster)

LBS:
Aloqua
Layar 3.0

Upvote 0
this is the thing, everyone has a different definition of "must have" so eventually every app in the market will be posted here...

Not really. Because the market store isn't as good as the Iphones market store for searching I think doing it this way will help people get some good apps. I feel like even though everyone has a different definition people will still only post useful, good apps on here.

Upvote 0
this is the thing, everyone has a different definition of "must have" so eventually every app in the market will be posted here...

smiley-vault-signs-067.gif

Upvote 0

x2

Games:

Bejewled
PapiJump
4Ever Fall

Others:
Google Voice
Shop Savvy
Barcode Scanner
Amazon
Ebuddy (Multi IM Client)
Bloo (Facebook)
Movies (Flickster)
3Banana (Notes)
1001 Cocktails (Drink Recepies)
Listen (Pod Cast)
NewsRob (News Feed Client)
Pkt Auctions (Ebay Client)
Where (Multi Purpuse app, ex: Gas Prices info, YP)
Seesmic (Twitter Client)

Upvote 0
Gameboid. Tilting Mario around the screen with the accelerameter is killer.

did you buy or are you using lite

where did you get the games.

as for this thread. It is just a good insight what apps people are using no harm in posting must have apps.

as for the battery widget. I notice that when i had it my battery was draining out faster. Since then i deleted it and my battery is lasting longer

Upvote 0
did you buy or are you using lite

where did you get the games.

I started out using lite, with which you can use in game saves and everything works. GBA games are made for mobile, so most of them have pretty reasonable save points. (The SNES Final Fantasy games ported to GBA added save anywhere for example)

Then I decided to buy the paid version for even more save options and to support the developer. I got the games just Googling for them.

Upvote 0
Long list of stuff up there. The most useful one I have installed for customization is Ring Extender.
It allows me to assign any sound I have to my incoming text messages and notifications so I know who is texting me.
It does not show up as an app so there will not be an icon for it. To use it,
press menu/settings/sound and display/phone ringtone or notification ringtone. A pop up will ask what program to use, choose rings extended. You will have access to other ringtones, mp3 files, or sounds that you have on your SD Card.
If you have a 3rd party text like chompSMS, you will have to customize the sounds through that application.

Upvote 0
Make sure you follow these directions. If you try to open it, it will just give you an error screen.
To use it, after it is installed...
From the Home screen - press menu>settings>sound and display>phone ringtone or notification ringtone. A pop up will ask what program to use, choose rings extended. You will have access to other ringtones, mp3 files, or sounds that you have on your SD Card.
If you have a 3rd party text like chompSMS, you will have to customize the sounds through that application.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones