• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root List of Removable Apps?

Hey all. Hope your all well.

Just wondering if there is possibly a list out there of apps we are safe to remove after Root?

I want rid of everything, really. I'd rather use a Media player off the market and I already use different twitter and facebook apps.

I understand Google stuff shouldn't be removed. Or Java.

Any help appreciated. :)

Hiya, this may be a silly question but once I have root how do I delete system apps? If I go Settings > Applications > Manage Applications, the apps like SNS I want to uninstall don't have an 'uninstall' option. I also have AppsUninstaller but the system apps don't show up in it. I have definitely rooted my phone - ran the one click root batch file and I have the superuser app.

Sorry but I'm still plenty new to androids :)

cheers

Upvote 0
I was just coming back to edit my post... I installed Titanium Backup, it said I didn't have root. On a whim I downloaded busybox and it wasn't installed with my root script. I then ran TI backup and tried to uninstall SNS - it said 'your phone will reboot twice and the application will be uninstalled'.

My phone rebooted once, and SNS is still there.

:(

Upvote 0
Hi,

Is it ok to uninstall:

Latitude
Calendar
Maps (Extra confirmation sought, as I've noted two contrary views on the safety of removing this)
Places
Navigation
Talk
Video Editor
Youtube

Thanks.

Latitude - Safe to remove
Calendar - Safe to remove
Maps - Safe to remove
Places - Safe to remove
Navigation - Safe to remove
Talk - NEVER EVER, DON'T REMOVE
Video Editor - Safe to remove
YouTube - Safe to Remove

Removing those apps are safe but may affect other apps...

Upvote 0
nice, this is my second attempt the first time the bastard timed out on me ..
so ill do this the easier way lol

All 43/78 phones have the fllowing only on them for apps. All are android but vary from manufacturer to manufacturer, i'll see about adding the extensive list of removable apps later, then copy over.

Box
Browser
Calculator
Contacts
Dialer
Manage Sim Card - found too many issues from remvoing it.
Messaging
Google Play
Settings
Super User

all phones I have come with the avg 193-208 applications for me to play with to barebone this, this includes the .odex, xml, tar, tar.gz files. My phones operate on a 54 files all around. Including the removal of talk, which is just googletalk and you don't need. I have also replace common apps, using winamp, root uninstaller pro, ultimate backup pro, rom toolbox pro, root explorer pro, quickoffice pro and quick reboot. All files have been installed as sys apps with no complications.

Hope this Helps, don't blame me! Backup Be Safe! and Begone!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones