• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

List of top apps u have installed on sgn

im new to android, having just ditched my old iphone for a SGN. i thought people might put on posst on say there top 20 installed apps for ICS.....

Hey Poe, I'm new to Android as well, coming from iOS and Windows Mobile. There are several "Best Apps" threads, worth searching for here in the forum. Here are the apps I love, for a Verizon phone:

All stock Google apps, plus

AirDroid
Amazon Kindle
Barcode Scanner
Beautiful Widgets
Currents
Dropbox
Evernote
GetJar
Go SMS Pro
Groupon
Handcent
Netflix
Redbox
Runkeeper
Titanium Backup
Visual Voicemail
Where's My Droid
WordPress
Words Free

Reactions: Potatoe Farmer
Upvote 0
ES file explorer - has LAN access, task manager, video player, power control, root access.

Handcent - Customizable SMS/MMS app.

Busybox - Unix commands

Better terminal emulator pro - terminal for access busybox commands

Netflix

Better keyboard 8

Camerazoom FX

Dolphin HD - better browser than stock in my opinion

Go launcher - I can launch 32 apps without having icons on my home screens

Fancy widgets - seems to use less power than beautiful widgets but has the same features

APW - better calendar widget

Speaktoit assistant - like siri

Reactions: Potatoe Farmer
Upvote 0
android assistant
app cache cleaner
antutu benchmark
Astro
cf bench
check my android
speed test
tawkon (the one let u check SAR)
volume+

diceplayer ad
mx player

colordict (dictionary)
ICS browser+
shakecall (answering phone by just shaking)
remote+ pro
shopsavvy (barcode)
Plex (media stream from pc to smartphone)
coupons
augoguard pro(blackbox for car)

Upvote 0
Im having an SGN APP INSTALL FRENZY! its great to see peoples recomendations. My wifeis not impressed, andhas asked me to stop playing with new phone!

Go hang with your wife for awhile. A wife who feels loved is better than a tricked-out phone any day. ;) The phone will be waiting for you after you give her a good seeing-to^H^H^H^H^H^H^H I mean give her hugs.

Upvote 0
Here's my most used apps:
Titanium Backup - ultimate backup utility, lots of ways to backup what you need most or everything if that's your thing.
RootExplorer
Dropbox
DropSync - This adds automatic syncing of folders on the device with Dropbox folders
Pandora
Spotify
iSyncr for WiFi - syncs iTunes playlists with my phone, including last played, playcounts, and ratings; works with many different music players
Evernote - ultimate note app
SettingProfiles - profile switcher with support to trigger profiles based on many different types of trigger conditions
Astrid - to-do list
gReader - RSS reader that syncs with Google RSS feeds
Tapatalk - many of my favorite forums all in one application
SoundHound
FlickGolf
WordsWithFriends
TVShowFavs - TV show series manager
TweetCaster Pro
Simple Last.FM Scrobbler - Scrobbles more reliably than the Last.FM app and has a cache for offline scrobbling

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones