• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

List of Upcoming 10" Tablets

TechNinja

Aug 1, 2010
Thisis my initial list for 10 inch tablets. This excludes any of the recent Zenithink (ZT 180, FlatPad, WiiPad and Orphan M16) pads released due to the evident false advertisement of the A8 core.

Most
of the pads listed have capacitive screens, and will most likely be using Android 2.2 (supports flash) or better (3.0) when released.
Specs and more info are just a click away.

The tablet(s) supposedly to be released soonest is Realease's Shogo toward the end of August. The rest are set from Q4 to Q1.

Will update as often as possible.

Also working on 7-inch list, as well as a list of reliable stores.

Android 10-inch multitouch HP Slate look alike, runs Windows 7
This 10-inch multitouch tablet looks like HP Slate, also runs Windows 7

One glaring omission; Notion Ink's Adam, Notion Ink

Though to be fair, it's starting to seem more and more like vaporware. Rumored to be released in November, but with so few updates from the company, and so vague when they do update... who can guess?

oh that is by far my favorite, i can't believe i completely forgot it lol

It appears to be the ultimate 10" tablet, everything one could ask for really. Clearly beyond many a person's price range though. Maybe thats why I subconsciously excluded it, well that and the lack of updates.

Upvote 0
Thanks for this post. Good to get a look at the upcoming 10 inch tablets as I'm interested in buying something but don't want to buy now an regret later.

The Shogo tablet seem pricey for the specs - $500 for 533MHz CPU running Linux - I think that would perhaps be a tad slow?

I have been impressed by the Asus videos showing options to dock the tablet into a keyboard/trackpad and it becomes like a laptop. That's a neat idea, but I bet theres a price with it.

Foxconn device looks interesting, but no price.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Big news for Notion Ink's Adam! Release date will be between Nov '10, and Jan '11 dependent on FCC approval (can take anywhere from 2-12 weeks, apparently). And more good news! Initial price projections have been released!!!!

Pricing (Subject to change):
LCD w/ WiFi - $399
LCD w/ WiFi/3G - $449
Pixel Qi w/ WiFi - $449
Pixel Qi w/ WiFi/3G - $498

Time to start saving! ;)

Notion Ink
Notion Ink Adam: Behind the Scenes - SlashGear

How much memory does this have?
I want get a good pad but I'm going to wait for one that has 1 GHz CPU and 512 MB ram which is a requirement for Android 3.0 I've heard.

Upvote 0
I'm definitely considering getting a tablet for the holidays. Something for my wife to use if I need my laptop for work. I don't think I would consider anything without the e-ink mode though. Something that size needs to be able to be a reader as well, and shouldn't eat my battery up while doing it.

I'm curious though. How do android tablets handle multiple users? I want my wife to be able to user her email, bookmarks, etc without having my stuff bleed over.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones