• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Listen to ... Automatic play ?

rz22g

Apr 2, 2011
I am hoping there is something I am missing and this is not just another shortcoming of the android OS. When I use voice command "Listen to {song name}" The music player opens and lists the song but I still have to use the touch screen and tap the song to actually get it to play. On my iPhone I can say "Play {song name} or {artist} and it will play the song I stated or a random song from the artist.

Even if there is a work around this seems like another lack of attention to detail. By default you would expect "Listen to" to actually play the song. The whole idea is to use the touch screen as little as possible. If Im going to have to manually select the song then I may as well navigate to it on my own.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones