1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Listen to ... Automatic play ?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by rz22g, Apr 29, 2012.

1. rz22g

rz22g Well-Known Member
    None

Apr 2, 2011
    I am hoping there is something I am missing and this is not just another shortcoming of the android OS. When I use voice command "Listen to {song name}" The music player opens and lists the song but I still have to use the touch screen and tap the song to actually get it to play. On my iPhone I can say "Play {song name} or {artist} and it will play the song I stated or a random song from the artist.

Even if there is a work around this seems like another lack of attention to detail. By default you would expect "Listen to" to actually play the song. The whole idea is to use the touch screen as little as possible. If Im going to have to manually select the song then I may as well navigate to it on my own.

Advertisement

2. caryrae73

caryrae73 Well-Known Member
    None

Feb 15, 2012
    I just tried it asking to play a song title and an then artist and it started playing the song without having to tap the screen to pick a song.

3. rz22g

rz22g Well-Known Member
    None

Apr 2, 2011
    Does anyone know what setting changes this ? I have tried it on two Notes now and in both cases it just navigates to the song and you must select the song manually. These are both new phone direct from ATT without any changes made.