1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Listen to Podcast in Bluetooth mono Headset

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by GlassWalkerTheurge, Nov 13, 2009.

1. GlassWalkerTheurge

Nov 8, 2009
    I am currently using Pocket Player on Windows Mobile. I use the option in the program "use BT Headset", allowing me to listen to podcasts on and such via my mono headset. Am I out of luck ... please tell me I can buy a Droid.

Advertisement

2. El Blacksheep

El Blacksheep Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2009
    Male
    Google Listen is a great podcast app and you can listen to anything via bluetooth; podcasts, pandora, youtube vids, etc.

3. Vance

Vance Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2009
    Yes, you can buy a Droid! I listen to podcasts using Doggcatcher using a bluetooth headset (not sure if it has to be A2DP, mine is), and I also use a set of earbuds with an inline remote that allows for pause/play and a mic for phone use (got that at Radio Shack).

4. GlassWalkerTheurge

Nov 8, 2009
    I was hoping for something general... but that looks brilliant. I am currently using BeyondPod, witch offers a android version that looks the bomb. Many thanks.

5. GlassWalkerTheurge

Nov 8, 2009
    I use headphones when riding my bike. But at work ... they might think I am listening to music or podcasts or something.

6. GlassWalkerTheurge

Nov 8, 2009
    In the FAQ for the program it states the following;
    I have a mono headset ... which does not support A2DP. Confirmation would be greatly appreciated.

7. Jim_1234

Jim_1234 Active Member

Oct 27, 2009
    This is something I have been doing a ton of research on. In order to listen to music/podcasts your bluetooth must support the a2dp bluetooth profile. This is a issue as most mono headsets don't support it.

I used podtrapper on the blackberry and it gave you the option to output to a mono device.

This is the only work around I have been able to find. Newegg.com - Jabra BT8010 Mono Bluetooth Headset - Bluetooth Cell Phone Accessories I ordered one and it works great for listening to my podcasts. The other benefit is I haven't been able to kill it in one day yet. I work a 8 hr shift and it lasts without a issue. They quit making this headset so I just ordered another 5 units. The sound is great and the volume is plenty loud. It is much better sounding the the jawbone prime I was using with my blackberry.

Now all I need is Audible to work on Android.

8. GlassWalkerTheurge

Nov 8, 2009
    Android just needs a workaround. You can do it on the other platforms, I am hoping for this one soon.

The headset looks brilliant, but I was looking for a more generic fix to this problem.

9. Jim_1234

Jim_1234 Active Member

Oct 27, 2009
    I agree someone needs to make a program that supports mono bluetooth, but I wasn't willing to wait. And for $15 the headset was a great solution for me.

10. duranc

duranc Member

Dec 4, 2009
    Indiana
  11. droidmark

droidmark New Member

Jan 19, 2010
    Hey Duranc...

Are you saying that with root access you can direct sound to a mono bluetooth earpiece? Like others in the forum, I desperately want to listen to podcasts with my non-a2dp earpiece (like I could with my winmo phone).

12. GlassWalkerTheurge

Nov 8, 2009
    i assume that each device has its Bluetooth profile stored locally, why cant i just edit it to be a2dp? when i say"i" i mean the ubiquitous i that includes anyone smart enough to figure it out :)

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk