1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Listening to music remotely. HELP!

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by androidn00b33, Jan 8, 2013.

1. androidn00b33

androidn00b33 Lurker
    None

Jan 8, 2013
    Hi guys. I'm new to the Android world. After owning every single iPhone made, and finally realizing they are exactly the same every single time, I finally caught my head and made the change to a Note 2. I am proud to say that I am NEVER GOING BACK to iPhone. Ever.

Anyway, I've had the phone for a couple months, and everywhere I go, people see me using it and ask about it. I was having dinner last night and my server began talking to me about my phone and some Android advantages. He mentioned that you can listen to the music from your computer on your phone, but without putting it onto your phone and taking up space. Can someone tell me how? I didn't want to keep my server from his other tables, so I didn't want to be too inquisitive. But, now I regret it. Is this done using an app that needs to be downloaded? Is it done with a standard app that's already on my phone? Yes, you guys are probably laughing, now....but, like i said, I'm very new to the Android neighborhood. However, I'm already really glad that I moved in. I'd appreciate any help you can give! Thanks in advance!

Advertisement

2. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!
    None

May 13, 2010
    Male
    being a flashaholic sponsor, helping others gettin
    los angeles
    welcome to the forums!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i think he might be talking about google's play music. basically you sync the music on your computer with google's cloud and through it's play music app you can either stream your music or you can download the music onto your phone. keep in mind that you will need to be on wifi or have 3g or 4g to stream it obviously.

i use play music all the time.

3. KENNECTED

KENNECTED Android Expert
    None

androidn00b33, you do have the option to "keep on device". I choose this option.

When you have a connection, the songs you've recently played, on the device can be set to "automatically cache" which will temporarily store the music.

You can easily create playlist then have them "keep on device" so you manage how much space you're taking up on your device.

ocnbrze likes this.