1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Listening to Music uninterrupted...

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by hearthand, Feb 5, 2011.

1. hearthand

hearthand Lurker

I am trying to use the mp3 player while i run....
    My issue is every notification and ring is passed through the phone right to the
    bluetooth headset.

I've tried turning off every antennae, I've tried a few apps that are supposed to allow airplane mode w/ bt but they don't work on the evo.

Is anyone else experiencing this and is there anyway to run this phone in "runner's mode"

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. There aren't any players that won't play the notifications, as far as I know. You have to ways to do this from what I see. One, disable all notifications before listening to music. Two, you can put the phone in airplane mode with the stock airplane mode widget. Then, with the stock Bluetooth widget, you should be able to turn that on while still keeping airplane mode on.

Mr. Ed likes this.
  3. hearthand

hearthand Lurker

Well that really leaves only one option....using another device
    Turning off all the notifications....still routes the ringer thru a bluetooth headset and
    the Bluetooth antennae is disabled in airplane mode....so you can't turn it on once airplane mode is initiated in the current configuration

4. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Extreme Android User

hrmm..I have always been able to enable bluettoth and wifi even while in airplane mode..but maybe thats because I am rooted??? or maybe I am just crazy.

check into some other music apps... it seems like I remember some of them having an option to ignore system events.

HTC EVO 4G Forum

The HTC EVO 4G release date was June 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

June 2010
Release Date
Reviews