• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Listening to my phone's built-in FM radio

One of the factors that will go into my choice of new phone (and carrier) will be the ability to use my new device to listen to FM radio without using data. I'm considering buying either a Samsung Galaxy S7 or a Google Pixel XL.

• Can I use the phone's FM radio chip if I get my Pixel XL from Google Fi?
  • Can I use the phone's FM radio chip if I get my S7 from Verizon?
  • Can I use the phone's FM radio chip if I get my S7 from Sprint?
Thanks in advance for your help.

Thanks guys and gals for your responses. I know for fact that the Samsung Galaxy S7 has the capability. The question is, which carriers block the capability from working. I learned since I posted my question, that none of the Google phones have this capability.
At&t blocks some functionality from phones I heard, but don't know anymore. Try root and Spirit FM radio, hope it works.. And my opinion about blocking fm radio is the money - manufacturers block fm radio because they want you to use streaming radio app just for data traffic. So stupid world...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones