1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Listening to podcasts..playback stops! S8+

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jameszr1, Jul 3, 2017.

1. jameszr1

jameszr1 Lurker

Podcasts: When I listen to Rush Limbaugh podcast his in cam in studio works fine. You go to the audio only which is each hour listed for a total of 3, At about the 7 minute mark the pod stops..I have to push the button on the right side of the S8+ and it comes back on for another 5-7 minutes and shuts down again. This happens on Mark Levin show too. What is the problem that the playback keeps cutting off? Settings???This is a big thing for me. No error messages.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. mikedt

mikedt 你好

What podcast player are you using? Possibly there's an issue or incompatibility with it? Might be worth contacting the developers about it.

Phalon4 likes this.
  3. Wiscobiker

Wiscobiker Lurker

I have the same problem listening to a different podcast. It turns off about 7 min after the screen turns off. If I keep the screen on by touching it then it doesn't happen

4. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum

I assume you are streaming the podcast? Sounds like you have your phones set to turn off WiFi after screen inactivity. Go to menu>settings>WiFi then touch the menu (three dots, upper right) and select advanced settings. Make sure 'keep wifi on when screen is off' is set to yes.

Phalon4 likes this.
  5. Wiscobiker

Wiscobiker Lurker

So, mine is set to "always", bit thsts interesting because tbe problem happens when awsy from wifi, i.e. using data, e.g. when I'm biking. So, I wonder if I should switch to "when charging " . I'll try it and see if that works.
    I wonder what the rationale is for the 3 different wifi settings

#5 Wiscobiker, Jul 5, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2017
  6. Wiscobiker

Wiscobiker Lurker

It seems it does not matter if the screen is on. It's if the actual app has to be open, i.e. if it's in the background , it will turn off

7. lunatic59

What app do you use to listen to podcasts? There might be a timeout setting there somewhere.

8. Wiscobiker

Wiscobiker Lurker

I use the default app where the podcast is. So, usually I'm listening to podcasts on the Wisconsin Public Radio app. The NY Times podcast worked fine. I'm thinking it's the wpr app. I'm going to test out a few more apps. Thanks for your help

9. Wiscobiker

Wiscobiker Lurker

I use the default app where the podcast is. So, usually I'm listening to podcasts on the Wisconsin Public Radio app. The NY Times podcast worked fine. I'm thinking it's the wpr app. I'm going to test out a few more apps.

mikedt likes this.
  10. Wiscobiker

Wiscobiker Lurker

I think i solved it. In application manager I went to the app i.e.WPR, then to "mobile data", then turned on "Allow unrestricted data usage" it seems to work without turning off. Thanks for everyone's input

lunatic59 likes this.
  11. lunatic59

As long as you have enough data per month in your plan you should be fine. :)

12. Phalon4

Phalon4 Android Enthusiast

I'm not trying to add insult to injury but I'm glad people make post like this so I know not to run out and buy brand new devices that's cost nearly $1000.00 USD

Wiscobiker and mikedt like this.
  13. Wiscobiker

Wiscobiker Lurker

I have. Still times out

14. Shotgun84

Shotgun84 Extreme Android User

You still got the problem? Could be doze kicking in and killing the internet connection. Try optimizing the app in settings, device maintenance, battery, battery usage, three dots in the top right.

15. Wiscobiker

Wiscobiker Lurker

So far the only thing that works seems to be intermittently turning the phone on while I'm listening to the podcast which must somehow allow the app to continue loading the podcast. This isn't streaming this is listening to archived shows

Samsung Galaxy S8 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S8 release date was April 2017. Features and Specs include a 5.8" inch screen, 12MP camera, 4GB RAM, Exynos 8895 processor, and 3000mAh battery.

April 2017
Release Date
Reviews