1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Apps ListView similar to droid messaging?

Discussion in 'Android Development' started by achildress, Jul 6, 2011.

1. achildress

achildress Lurker
    None

Jul 6, 2011
    I would like to create a ListView that behaves similar to the android messaging list where each list item has a checkbox and a TextView. If the checkbox is checked, the options menu is opened (in messaging the options menu shows "Delete(n)" where n is the number of messages that have been checked). If the TextView is checked, an activity is opened to display further information about the list item (in messaging the activity opened shows the email that was clicked in the list). I'm having quite a bit of trouble figuring out how to attach an onclick listener to the checkboxes. I have already figured out that specifying android:focusable="false" for the checkbox makes it so that the click of the checkbox is not interpreted as a click of the list item itself. This is as far as I've gotten. I attempted to download the android os source to see if I could figure out how messaging works, but it's very difficult to find the objects associated with messaging in the source I've gotten my hands on. A nice example of something similar to what I am trying to do would help immensely. Even just an example of handling the onclick of the checkbox would get me most of the way there. Can anybody please assist me?

Advertisement

2. alostpacket

alostpacket Over Macho Grande?
    None

Nov 29, 2009
    Android App Developer
    NY