1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Listview with custom adaptor help

Discussion in 'Android Development' started by amck77, Oct 31, 2014.

1. amck77

amck77 Lurker

Hello, this is my first post as I have not long started Android app development.

I was hoping for some advice on the app I am messing about with at the moment. There might be a better way which I have not come across so it would be really good if anyone could point me in the right direction.

I am basically wanting a list with a title, sub title, a picture and a quantity in each row. At the bottom of the screen are two buttons, Increment and Decrement. They manipulate the quantity number for the currently selected row.

I have got my app to the point where that works but does not change the quantity value displayed in the selected row. Only the variable value which I show on the screen temporarily with a Toast. This is where I have got stuck for some time.

I am not sure what to search for anymore and hope someone could give me a bit of information on what I could try or maybe just say I have gone about the whole thing in the wrong way. Incidentally, I am using a listview with a custom adaptor and fill the list initially with an array.

Any suggestions would be brilliant!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. BitGriff

BitGriff Lurker

Hello,

Please, provide source code of adapter.

3. amck77

amck77 Lurker

Hi BitGriff, here is my adaptor code. Its a bit of a jumble as I have followed various tutorials to get to where I am. Let me know if any other bits of my code will help.