1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

literally lose data connection multiple times a day....

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by sessman, Dec 29, 2011.

1. sessman

sessman Well-Known Member

I lose my data connection multiple times every day...
    "please check your internet connection"

Have people solved this issue by switching out their Galaxy Nexus with Verizon? Is this issue supposed to be solved with 4.0.3?
    It's extremely frustrating...

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. vandyman

vandyman Android Expert

VZW is having a nation wide outage problem today. I had the same issue earlier today, but I am back to normal again.

Was your Nexus working good yesterday and for some reason not as good today? If so, than the above is your problem.

Sandroidfan likes this.
  3. sessman

sessman Well-Known Member

unfortunately yesterday wasn't an isolated incident and has been a problem since launch

4. finn5975

finn5975 Well-Known Member

I went through 3 G Nexus devices for various reasons but with each one, the data drops were consistent. Primarily in 3G areas, but still.

5. mush10

mush10 Well-Known Member

I am having the same issue. Last night I brought both a Rezound and Nexus to where I was. Multiple times I could not use the Nexus while the Rezound worked. I am on my second Nexus and still having issues. I really want to keep this phone over the Rezound, but I constantly get the grayed out bars and no connection.

6. jbdan

jbdan Extreme Android User

I don't understand why so many people feel the need to "try" and love this phone, or "really want to keep" it, AS they're comparing it to the phone that they could have and it work correctly/better for them. Don't y'all want a working phone? Get the phone that is reliable (and that gets a signal) for you! The GN will not be for everyone, regardless of the hype it might have brought with its release.

7. sfbearguy

sfbearguy Lurker

I had this same issue until I swapped out the phone with Verizon. Since then, I've had 100% 4G "up" time.

8. fam

fam Android Enthusiast

I lose data connection a LOT in houses and in buildings, where my droidX would never lose it, wife's 4S yesterday had 3 bars of 3g at my in laws...where my nexus had NO data connection for 10 minutes and a couple reboots later....I want this phone to have a good radio (im on 4.03 as well) but if this doesnt get fixed Im going to need something else.

Galaxy Nexus Forum

The Galaxy Nexus release date was November 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.65" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, TI OMAP 4460 processor, and 1750mAh battery.

November 2011
Release Date
Reviews