1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Little black box's

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Figleaf, Jul 23, 2011.

1. Figleaf

Figleaf Member
    None

Mar 1, 2011
    domestic engineer
    over there
    I have contact pic's on my home screen of my kids and hubby and they all have this little black box thingy in the far right lower corner that are driving me nuts ( blocking some of the picture). Can any explain why they are there and how can i get contact pics without these bloody box's:( I'm sure its something got to do with the contacts not being on the phone/sim or something to that effect:thinking: By the way, each contact pic when selected allows me to either call, text or view the contacts details.

Advertisement

2. Harry2

Harry2 Android Expert
    None

Jun 3, 2010
    Black Forest
    This little box tell you, what standard action you will get when you select the contact:
    View
    Phone
    Text
    Email

You can choose the standard action with a long press on each contact in the People's list screen.

But why don't you use the new Sense 3.0 picture frame widget for looking at the family's pictures. It looks great :)

Harry

3. Figleaf

Figleaf Member
    None

Mar 1, 2011
    domestic engineer
    over there
    Thank you for your reply harry2 but i think we've lost something in translation there:) These are not my "family pictures per say" i do have those in an album on my phone. The icons on my home screen are "quick contacts and on my old desire they were just the complete picture of lets say husband, sister, daughter etc. But on the sensation these pictures are coming up with this bloody black box thingy that hides most of the pic:(.

4. Harry2

Harry2 Android Expert
    None

Jun 3, 2010
    Black Forest
    With that picture frames I just tried to be somewhat humorous, sorry :)

I had a look at my old Desire at the pictures of the People widget and I didn't see any difference to the Sensation's :thinking:

EDIT: The size of this black box: If you lay, say a 4x4 imaginary grid over the picture, it would be one part of grid in the far right lower corner?

Harry

5. Figleaf

Figleaf Member
    None

Mar 1, 2011
    domestic engineer
    over there
    The language barrier will be fun i think:D
    Yes the little black box is 1/4 the size of the actual contact icon.
    i see your from the black forest region....i visited there one time, very beautiful....we stayed in frieburg (sp) good memories:)