• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Little issue with Tazz 1.0

Jazza09

Aug 21, 2010
So i've heard a lot about it, so i decided to flash it and it wont let me press the android after it's been loaded. The android will flash white on screen, but wont let me proceed with setting up the phone. I wiped and flashed again, and it's doing the same thing. Anyone know the cause of this?

So to get me through today i re-flashed Froyo v30 and its running slow as hell, the browser moves incredibly slow and the menus are laggy too...i've flashed it before and had a great experience so i was just wondering if anybody knew what was going on

Did you flash the Gapps? Had that same problem when I first flashed Tazz. If you don't flash the Google Apps, you can't get past that screen. Just recover, dl the gapps.zip (it's down under the Tazz V7 description at XDA). Then nand backup, wipe/wipe, flash ROM, flash 'gapps-FRF91-desirec-signed2', reboot... And voila!

I'm not sure if this is the problem, but this should be noted for all - you really need to read the developer's instructions closely before you flash. From the xda-developer's thread for this ROM:

DO A FULL WIPE ,, YOU NEED TO RE FLASH GOOGLE APPS, NO THE ROM DOES NOT SUPPORT FLASH ,,NO MARKET WILL NOT BE ON ROM WITHOUT FLASHING APPS
FOR BEST RESULTS, FLASH ROM, THEN APPS , REBOOT ,WAIT A SEC OR TWO
FOR 3G TO CONNECT

IF U GET STUCK AT THE ANDROID SCREEN ,,YOU DID NOT READ,, YOU ONLY WILL GET STUCK AT THE SCREEN IF U DID NOT FLASH GOOGLE APPS LIKE YOU HAVE BEEN TOLD OVER AND OVER !!!

So to get me through today i re-flashed Froyo v30 and its running slow as hell, the browser moves incredibly slow and the menus are laggy too...i've flashed it before and had a great experience so i was just wondering if anybody knew what was going on

If you flashed from a complete wipe, the first install is slow if you have ever had a Cyanogen ROM before. Cyanogen ROMs can back up your settings and market links online, and on first flash will redo your settings and start installing all of your apps as the phone first syncs. If you have a lot of apps, it can take a long time, and, of course, will slow everything else down as it works.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones