• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Little things you love about your Desire...

Everything. Greatest phone I ever used, love the customization, love how quick it is, love the screen.

And maybe against a lot of other people: I love the battery because it easily gets me through one to two days. And sometimes even more.
I think one day (which is the minimum of course) to 2 days is perfect considering the hardware this device has

Upvote 0
The things I have hidden under the .system folder on the root of my memory card :p

Seriously, there are too many things to list, but some of the best things I've noticed so far are:

- The live background weather interactions;
- The keyboard - the predictor is incredible! How great is it that you can mash it and it knows what you actually meant;
- The way that the background on the hold screen changes to album art when I'm listening to music and gives me controls on that screen too; and
- The customisation available!

Oh and honest... I don't really have anything under that folder ;)

Upvote 0
there are so many neat little touches and this might sound a bit sad but i love the graphical weather widget bit when you unlock the phone!

Seriously, this is very cool. When you want to show this phone off to a lady, find somewhere that's raining...

The active backgrounds are cool. I love the photo gallery live wallpaper app from the market. The maps background is also very cool for showing off.

Google sky map is just amazing.

I love how customisable it is compared to the iphone.

Upvote 0
I'm so pleased I've read this thread today.
My Desire is getting delivered tomorrow and having browsed on here and various other HTC/Android forums over the past month or so, all I've read about is complaints and faults, and in all honesty it was starting to put me off lol.
So it's nice to read some positive comments. Keep them coming haha :)

Upvote 0
My Desire is getting delivered tomorrow and having browsed on here and various other HTC/Android forums over the past month or so, all I've read about is complaints and faults, and in all honesty it was starting to put me off lol.

That's the nature of forums. People always look for somewhere to ask for help or to complain about things.

Very few people sign up to forums just to praise something.

You'll love your phone when it arrives!

Reactions: charliehowes
Upvote 0

Unfortunately, it's the nature of these forums that most people post when they have a problem and need help, but I must admit it's great to hear when people like them for a change.

I'm too slow again. Doh.

Reactions: charliehowes
Upvote 0
I came from a Hero, which I thought was great, but moving to the Desire is like the jump from my old Palm Treo to the Hero all over again. The Desire is so fast and responsive. The best bit is that the bigger screen means that I can actually read more of what is on the screen without reaching for my reading glasses. Oh, and another thing - the Desire actually starts ringing when a call comes in, rather than thinking about it for 5-10 seconds like my Hero used to.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones