1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Little Water Damage

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by FRESHCMB, Nov 11, 2014.

1. FRESHCMB

FRESHCMB Well-Known Member
    None

Feb 23, 2014
    Male
    Happened Around Yesterday @ 2pm... didn't really do what I was supposed to, but I did dry it off with the bathroom dryers.... Got home around 3... Mind it was not in water for more than 2sec... Anyways... Got home.. Did the rice trick... Before I did that everything was working besides the back and menu button... Stuck it in rice for a good 5hrs... Too impatient... Took it out.... Now everything works but my home button

Before putting it in the rice, it took everything out.. S pen, batt, sim, SD... And I even put rice down the s pen hole so rice was literally inside the phone... Shake shake.. Hear the rice in the phone...... Basically my home button doesn't work..

Please help

Advertisement

2. Pep

Pep Android Enthusiast

Apr 5, 2011
    Qld, Australia
    I would take everything out again battery, spen and so on, then put it back in the rice for longer, like 24hrs.
    Might not help but for the sakes of not having the phone for 24 hours it's worth a shot.

Let us know how you go

Pep

3. FRESHCMB

FRESHCMB Well-Known Member
    None

Feb 23, 2014
    Male
    Didn't work... But it's OK... At least I'm not using it like an iPhone... Having to just use the home button

4. LaTuFu

LaTuFu Android Expert
    None

Nov 10, 2009
    Project Manager
    Virginia
    I realize it doesn't fix your button, but you can always use the slide out bar and set one of the buttons on it to be the Home Button.

5. daddyd302

daddyd302 Android Enthusiast
    None

Jan 1, 2010
    Male
    West Allis, WI
    Do you have insurance on it? It might not happen yet but sooner or later something else is gonna break on it.Water damage takes time to damage other parts in form of corrosion. This is assuming the worst. The best is, the home button was the only thing affect and everything else will work fine.

6. ceva321

ceva321 Android Enthusiast
    None

My friend dropped his phone in the toilet for a few seconds. ..put the phone in rice but to no avail the battery would never charge...so he had to get a replacement.

[​IMG]

Samsung Galaxy Note 4

The Samsung Galaxy Note 4 launched in 2014 as the company's flagship phablet. It has a 5.7-inch screen with 2560 x 1440 resolution, 3GB of RAM, and an impressive 16 megapixel camera.