• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Live TV App for Local LIVE TV?

AndroiDad75

Android Enthusiast
Mar 19, 2010
OK,

I was searching for ways to watch football games this season, and during the search I keep seeing an app called LIVE TV. Well I did an appbrain search and can't find it. Have done a google search and found other references to it, but still can't find it.

The one thing I hate about the market, is it isn't like google. You HAVE to HAVE the exact spelling or it doesn't find it.

Does anyone know the exact spelling or name of this app? From what I read, you could watch cbs, espn, etc... with it - all live.

Thanks!!!

Slingbox is probably the preferred way, but I used Orb for a while until my cable company switched the broadcast to use external boxes to get all the channels above channel 15. But, Orb and my computer with a TV Card would stream the local cable channels below 15 in my case.

There is an alternative to get the NFL games. If you don't want to switch to Direct TV and order the NFL Sunday Ticket which comes with the NFL Sunday Ticket To-Go, you can order NFL Sunday Ticket To-Go for non-DirectTV subscribers. It's a lofty $350 price tag, but $350 divided by 18 weeks is only $19.45 per weekend for 'every game'. However, it seems that blackout restrictions still apply though.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones