• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Live wallpaper apps discussion thread.

drexappeal

Extreme Android User
Apr 8, 2010
West LA, CA
Since the dual-core processor certainly helps in allowing the MoPho to run smoothly and really do some great things, I figured I'd start a Live Wallpaper thread where we can all share some Live Wallpaper apps that are available on the market.

This one allows you to have a separate picture for each individual homescreen. Pretty nice, but difficult to get the exact size for each screen:
Multipicture Live Wallpaper

Matrix Live Wallpaper

Obviously, I'm a Laker fan, so this is what I was using on my earlier screen shots, in the screenshot thread.
Lakers Live Wallpaper

This one is a funny one for some guys out there (and girls too). Might be NSFW for some. I'm sure you'll be able to tell from the app avatar exactly what it does. The first picture can be created into a wallpaper (from any pictures you have) for free. After that, it's a paid app to make more
AndWobble 2 Live Wallpaper

I just found this one randomly today where you can use videos on your SD card or Phone storage as a Live Wallpaper. I must say, this is by far the coolest Live Wallpaper app I've found and it seems to play the video on the wallpaper as smooth as it could possibly get! I just don't have an idea of how much this will drain the battery. I'm testing it now to see because I'm assuming it will drain the battery heavily.
Video Live Wallpaper

This one isn't a Live Wallpaper app, but it does allow your wallpapers to cycle through different pictures and you can set the timeframe when the pictures will switch. I mainly got this before, so that I could have smaller pictures stay centered (without the homescreen scrolling). I know there's a Live wallpaper already offered that switches pictures, but wanted to share this one in case it works better for some people than the one that's already on the phone.
WallSwitch

Simple app, just to show off your wallpaper
Show Off Your Wallpaper

I never had an issue with any of my live wallpapers loading after a reboot. How did you set the live wallpaper to begin with?

I just long press a blank spot and go through the menu to select it... I was not aware of any other way to set one? I also have a favor to ask of anyone willing to test it out.
I bought KF Flames for my Nexus S 4G as it is a super sweet, super customizable LWP but it runs a bit laggy and stutters just a bit on my Photon whereas it ran super slick on my old single core hummingbird for the Nexus S... is it just my Photon or has anyone else noticed it? Also seems to slow down overall performance on the Photon and drain the battery a bit quicker than others.

Upvote 0
I am loving "Logcat Live Wallpeper" -shows all the processes your phone is running as the background with some cool effects.

Also like "Light Grid" and "Jumpgate Free" is amusing.

Anyone know of a wallpaper switcher that will randomly or periodically change live wallpapers? Can only find ones that work for still backgrounds...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones