1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Live Wallpaper for EMS

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by aust10n, Jun 21, 2012.

1. aust10n

aust10n Member

Jul 8, 2010
    I'm a paramedic and had a cool idea for a live wallpaper. I have not the slightest idea of how to make said wallpaper. I'm looking for someone to help me out. I will compensate you for your time :)

I picture a wallpaper that is showing a ECG hearth rhythm of "Normal Sinus" when the battery is 100% to 25%. When the battery life drops below 25% the rhythm is "ventricular tachycardia". When battery life drops below 10% the rhythm is "ventricular fibrillation". And as battery life drops below 5% the rhythm is asystole. As the phone charges the rhythm shows "supraventricular tachycardia".

Would something like this be possible?

Advertisement

2. firewaterx

firewaterx Lurker

May 27, 2012
    Thanks for the work you do! My father is a paramedic and would also probably enjoy this.

I'm going to give it a shot!

3. aust10n

aust10n Member

Jul 8, 2010
    Thanks a lot! I greatly appreciate you giving this a try.

4. androidrec

androidrec Lurker

Jul 3, 2012
    I have started to work on this for past couple of weeks now. This is really my fast app so it is taking time to get it done :)

I have made good progress so far (I feel) and will post screen shots soon (new account rules!) but I have a question regarding the different wave patterns. What is the heart beat range in each case?

I thought of adding a blinking heart icon at the top of the wallpaper indicating bpm ..... lower battery faster beats? Just throwing stuff out there. Just the waves alone makes it kinda look bland :D

5. aust10n

aust10n Member

Jul 8, 2010
    This sounds awesome! Cant wait to see it. Ill help you the best I can, and I like your idea for additions of the BPM blinking.
    Heart rates are as followed for each:
    Normal Sinus 60-100
    VTach 180-200
    VFib 270-300
    SVT 180+

These rates are per the book. Here is a quick reference that isnt bad http://www.ambulancetechnicianstudy.co.uk/rhythms.html#.T_NXnZRZ7YM

Lower battery, faster beats. In medicine as the heart fails it get faster in specific rhythms.
    Again, thanks alot for taking this on!

6. androidrec

androidrec Lurker

Jul 3, 2012
    Sorry this took a while, got a lil busy over the weekend. Here are some screen shots of how it looks right now -

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

aust10n likes this.
  7. aust10n

aust10n Member

Jul 8, 2010
    That looks absolutely amazing!! Cant wait to see more!!

8. androidrec

androidrec Lurker

Jul 3, 2012
    Thanks. I think the app is ready for the most part just needs testing. I'll figure out how to get it out there sometime later today for a beta test.

9. DaSeala

DaSeala Member

Jul 8, 2012
    Software Developer
    Gotta say it looks pretty cool, wish my current phone could run Live Wallpapers cause I want this one!

10. aust10n

aust10n Member

Jul 8, 2010
    Never tested anything before, but will do what ever you need

11. androidrec

androidrec Lurker

Jul 3, 2012
  12. aust10n

aust10n Member

Jul 8, 2010
    androidrec likes this.
  13. androidrec

androidrec Lurker

Jul 3, 2012
    Glad you liked it! The options just came along as I went on developing .... without them it seemed less fun :D

Any feedback is welcome too .... if you want to see something improved or done differently :)

14. aust10n

aust10n Member

Jul 8, 2010
    If I think of anything ill let you know :) its to cool