1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Live wallpaper keeps diappearing ...?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by homeeconomicalengineer, Jul 28, 2010.

1. homeeconomicalengineer

None

Apr 5, 2010
    take care of three little people :)
    when the phone goes to sleep... Any ideas would be appreciated.:eek:

Advertisement

2. Brainfart

Brainfart Member
    None

Mar 30, 2010
    Lehigh Acres,FL
    Are you using SenseUi? I had that problem when using Stock SenseUi 2.1 root and live wallpaper patch. I hear Live wallpapers doesn't play nice with Eris 2.1 & SenseUi. Try another Rom without SenseUi and should be good.

3. Hatchna

Hatchna Newbie
    None

May 28, 2010
    Eagle Mountain, Utah
    I have had the same problem with my lwp's as well. I've tried a number of different ROM's and I have been able to get it working reliably on two. White Widow works without any trouble, provided to flash the lwp zip to get the necessary files on the phone to support it and everything.

It also works on Cyanogen Eris Lightning Bolt, but originally I had the same issues with the wallpaper disappearing after waking the screen from sleep.

I found a script that I ran on the phone through adb shell, and it corrected the issue, and I now have stable lwp's on my Eris running CELB 2.8. If you're interested I posted my information over on xda in the CELB 2.8 thread.

xda-developers - View Single Post - [ROM]ErisLightningBolt 2.8 CM5.08 build( OC, JIT, Apps2sd, GPS, Stock MMS!!!)6/21/10

Be advised that this will likely only work on Cyanogen mod based ROMS. I have not done any testing with this on a Sense based ROM.