1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Live Wallpaper Reset After Reboot

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by JoDax, Apr 26, 2012.

1. JoDax

JoDax Newbie
    None

Oct 1, 2011
    So, after a particularly fierce crash/remove battery/reboot my live wallpaper has been resetting to the default "Bubbles" live wallpaper every time I reboot.

I have used different live wallpapers which I downloaded from the Play store for over a year, and have had success with the live wallpapers being retained after rebooting.

Now, there are some other threads on this topic for other phones. They describe adding the live wallpaper app to my task killer's ignore list (which I have done), and making sure the wallpaper is installed on the phone and not the SD card (which it is; although it was not initially). Neither of these resolved the issue.

I did some more experimenting, and discovered the stock "Grass" live wallpaper is retained after the a reboot, as are any still image wallpapers. Other live wallpapers I downloaded from the Play store are not retained when I reboot as well.

Any ideas what would cause this?

Advertisement

2. JoDax

JoDax Newbie
    None

Oct 1, 2011
    Well, not sure what happened, but after several weeks of using a still image as my wallpaper I decided to try a live wallpaper from the Play Store again. This time, the wallpaper was retained after being installed and then rebooting the phone. Not sure why it worked this time, but it appears to be fixed.