• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Wolvie66

Nov 11, 2010
Just want to see how many use live wallpaper, and if so how long does your battery last using live wallpapers.
And also heard that if you use live wallpapers etc for awhile it burns the image on the screen. Is this true?

Thanks in advance

If anything, a live wallpaper would be less prone to burn-in than a static wallpaper. But I've not heard of any DX LCDs having an issue with that. The AMOLED screens on other phones, on the other hand, they do. My friend has a Droid Incredible with the AMOLED, and you can se where the time in the upper right corner burned in on the screen before he started hiding his status bar. Now, if he has the bar hidden and a light background up, you can see it.

Upvote 0
I downloaded one off of Market called "Snowfall Charity LifeWallpaper". Very nice one that was only 99 cents. I have been using it for 5 days now and haven't noticed a single change in my battery life. It uses less than my display does. Of course I also have the extended battery and it lasts me a day and a half so....doesn't bother me :p

Upvote 0
ALL i use are Live Wallpapers, never static ones. Whenever i check my battery usage at most they use 5%. And that is the intensive ones like Mario LWP and Doom LWP. Most others just use 3% or 4%. So really, no they aren't battery killers. I mean you can set some up to be battery killers by making them do more stuff, but if you leave them at the stock initial settings or just raise the bars slightly, it won't be a battery killer at all.

Upvote 0
I downloaded one off of Market called "Snowfall Charity LifeWallpaper". Very nice one that was only 99 cents. I have been using it for 5 days now and haven't noticed a single change in my battery life. It uses less than my display does. Of course I also have the extended battery and it lasts me a day and a half so....doesn't bother me :p

I never used any live wallpapers until I recently found KittehFace Software. I bought several of theirs because they are subtle yet add a bit of style. I haven't noticed any diminished battery life but I haven't really studied it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones