• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Does anyone know if this phone will get Live wallpapers?

No word on that. We know it doesn't with 2.1, but FroYo is supposed to perform much better and supposedly brings better battery life with it, so I hope they'll feel this phone can handle them at that point. To be honest, I don't see myself using a live wallpaper much, but I just like having the option.

Upvote 0
No word on that. We know it doesn't with 2.1, but FroYo is supposed to perform much better and supposedly brings better battery life with it, so I hope they'll feel this phone can handle them at that point. To be honest, I don't see myself using a live wallpaper much, but I just like having the option.

Exactly. I have a feeling that either HTC will bring them to us through Froyo, or once this thing is rooted, someone will make it happen.

But it's kind of funny that their reasoning was performance, yet phones like the Droid have live wallpapers and is worst in terms of performance than the Slide.

Upvote 0
Exactly. I have a feeling that either HTC will bring them to us through Froyo, or once this thing is rooted, someone will make it happen.

But it's kind of funny that their reasoning was performance, yet phones like the Droid have live wallpapers and is worst in terms of performance than the Slide.

I think the only reason the Droid got live wallpapers is because it runs stock Android. That and the Droid has been touted so much as a high end smartphone, they'd catch a lot of hell if they didn't support a new feature like that. My guess is that once T-Mobile starts pushing this phone, they will treat it as more of a mid-range, accessible to everyone kind of phone, and therefore don't feel the need to support everything since they have their custom UI on it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones