1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Live Wallpapers not working

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by nikeysunfire, Mar 31, 2011.

1. nikeysunfire

nikeysunfire Newbie
    None

Mar 31, 2011
    Hi everyone!, first of all, let me introduce myself since I'm completely new in this forum and in the Android World.

Yesterday I bought an LG Optimus GT540 unlocked for 149.99 USD. I did a research and found out it was upgradable to Android OS 2.1 and totally convinced me, because I heard it was a much better OS version than 1.6 that came from factory.

I received my phone yesterday and first thing I did was to update android from 1.6 to 2.1, everything went fine, since I use the program update from the LG website. But, after playing with the phone around a bit I noticed any Live Wallpapers didn't work anymore, the first time I chose "Nexus" . So...

1.- I tapped it.
    2.- The preview loaded.
    3.- I chose "set wallpaper"

But then suddenly it got stuck in my home screen (it stopped doing the animations) After I went to choose another live wallpaper it doesn't load the preview and just the message "loading live wallpaper..." appears If I tap "set wallpaper" a black background appears as my wallpaper. Finally if I lock the phone and unlocked it with the slider it shows the previous wallpaper I set (a normal not animated). I'd like to how what's going on guys and if there's a way to fix it :thinking:.

Thanks in advance and sorry for bothering you guys :eek: have a nice day!.

EDIT: Let me add that I haven't installed any apps on this phone yet as I firstly upgrade it to 2.1 right away after I got it.

EDIT2: Suddenly it started working again, for a while only, because after I pressed the home button the wake up and unlock my phone I noticed it had a normal static wallpaper set again...and then I thought something was wrong and indeed, my phone is not able to set live wallpapers once again...help please T-T!

Advertisement

2. nikeysunfire

nikeysunfire Newbie
    None

Mar 31, 2011
    So...no logical explanation right? :eek: Will it help if I try re-flashing my phone to 2.1 in another way? like KDZ file or something? T-T!