• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Live wallpapers on i7500?

grcd

Lurker
Oct 31, 2010
Does GAOSP Froyo support live wallpapers for i7500? If yes, can you recommend some that seem to run fine without (major) slowdown? I would suspect that the CPU is too slow to run most live wallpapers, but there might be some neat ones that are good to go?

But do they run smooth? That's all that matters to me right now.

Also, if you use SetCPU to control CPU behaviour, wouldn't you be able to save battery even with a live wallpaper on?

Anyway, all I care about is that they DO work :)
The pixel zombies one runs fine - you can set the amount of zombies/hunters so if you keep it modest it goes along fine. Mario one less so. Battery life however....

Upvote 0
Battery life however... does('nt) last a day without using the phone.
Drakaz & co. are already on it, but it seems it's just more then a little bug.

And if you want run a smooth live wallpaper then your choice is another new phone.

P.S: better wait for Gingerbread to come out to see which phone will be able to support it

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones