1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Loaded apps..which are needed

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by JIMV, Apr 17, 2012.

1. JIMV

JIMV Android Enthusiast

Here is my question...In a few months I can get a new phone. Right now I have, and really like, a Droid III with Verizon as the carrier...When I get my new phone I am thinking of trying to root the droid III. The Droid comes with a host of unwanted apps I would love to flush from a rooted phone BUT, some might be needed by the phone to operate...Here is a list of what it came with that I do not use ever

Alarm & Timer
    Apps
    Blockbuster
    Browser
    Calculator
    Calendar
    Camera
    Citrix
    City ID
    DLNA
    Go to Meeting
    Guided tours
    IM
    Latitude
    Maps
    Messaging
    Music
    Navigation
    News
    NFL Mobile
    Places
    Quick Office
    Skype Mobile
    Slacker
    Social Location
    Social Networking
    Talk
    Tasks
    Text messaging
    V Cast media
    V cast music
    V cast tones
    V cast videos
    Voice command
    Voice search
    VZ navigator
    YouTube
    ZumoCast

This does not include the apps I have loaded and want or the ones that came with the phone that I use...I do not instant message, Youtube, Twiter, or facebook

What on the list above can be removed and not reinstalled on a rooted phone without damage to its functions. I do Music on Poweramp and Gizmo, Movies from VideoVault and photo's from PhotoVault (both are password protected). I use Firefox as my search. Other than that and a radio app, I use the phone as a phone and skype family and friends (using the skype app, not the skype mobile app.)

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. RyanB

RyanB Guest

I think you would have better luck posting your question in the root section of the Droid 3 sub-forums.