1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root loading rom problems

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by lanceyboy, Aug 17, 2011.

1. lanceyboy

lanceyboy Lurker
    None

Aug 1, 2011
    Hi all, I've got a problem loading any sense rom they install fine but when I reboot all I get is a wallpaper and my phone wont do anything, even the power button doesn't work so I can't reboot but aosp roms load fine. I'm currently using Gingervillain and its good but I had insertcoin before and I want to go back to it.
    What happened was I had a rooted desire then I loaded htcs official gingerbread and unrooted but then found out that unrevoked doesn't root my hboot so I used the revolutionary method and now I'm stuck any help appreciated

Advertisement

2. SUroot

SUroot Android Expert
    None

May 25, 2010
    UK Technical Lead; Desktop Support
    Riddlesden, West Yorkshire, UK
    which sense roms in particular? is your card partitioned? If so, how big? What process do you use for flashing? Is everything wiped before install? does your phone set up meet all of the requirements for flashing the roms youre trying?

3. lanceyboy

lanceyboy Lurker
    None

Aug 1, 2011
    ive tried insertcoin stable and nightly,acesmod007 and rcmix and all of them just give me a wallpaper with the icons at the top (battery,time). my card isnt partitioned as it wasnt before i upgraded to gingerbread. i managed to get froyo back on it using an ruu thinking that this would put S-ON and i could use unrevoked. i was able to used unrevoked which worked for getting clockworkmod but S was still off and revolutionary still shows on fastboot the requirements havent changed on the roms from the last time i was on them unless im missing something, could it be revolutionary?
    i do a full wipe everytime i load a rom

4. SUroot

SUroot Android Expert
    None

May 25, 2010
    Specifically which versions of these roms? have you links? Most of the desire HD / sense 3.0 roms require partitions as they ship some of the rom to partition. Also, if you had a new hboot from alpharev when you s-off'd, they have protection aganst RUU (R2+)

If you have stock hboot, you need to use the stock. Otherwise, CM7.

In all respects it sounds like something is missing which suggests its a space issue to me

5. lanceyboy

lanceyboy Lurker
    None

Aug 1, 2011
    insertcoin nightly v51 and stable v1.1.1 its just the latest ones on baadnwz's website my hboot has changed from 1.02 to -6.93.1002. i understand why i should partition but i didnt before and the roms worked fine,and whats (R2+) does that stop the hboot changing on a ruu because i loaded a froyo ruu with no problems

6. Rastaman-FB

Rastaman-FB Android Expert
    None

Sep 11, 2009
    UK
    thats exactly what it does

can you try flash a stock froyo rom like teppics and see if that works

7. SUroot

SUroot Android Expert
    None

May 25, 2010
    So you didnt flash any hboot partition layouts, just S-off'd?

The R2 are downgrade protected. I'll be honest, I'm struggling to understand what you are typing which makes it harder for me to answer.

Example below:

I read this as saying you used the froyo RUU but you were still S-off.

Insert coin v1.1.1 requirements:

So if you have the stock Hboot (i.e not fastboot flashed the CM7 hboot) You need the second one, which suggests also you need a partition.

If you need to know what exactly goes to the partition, ask in Baadnewz's thread and someone will be able to tell you. Most of these roms symlink some of system to the partition.

8. lanceyboy

lanceyboy Lurker
    None

Aug 1, 2011
    il try teppics and see if that works but it was a gingerbread rom i want with sense 2.1+3.0 that im after

9. lanceyboy

lanceyboy Lurker
    None

Aug 1, 2011
    sorry im writing a little fast and not checking what im writing lol, i just S-off'd didnt flash any hboot although im not using a stock hboot because its from revolutionary. i thought if i ran the stock ruu it would S-on and put me back to a factory setting with a stock hboot the same as unroot so then i could use the unrevoked method and all would back to normal. but its not. il make a partition and try loading a sense rom and let you know. cheers for your replys and patience

10. SUroot

SUroot Android Expert
    None

May 25, 2010
    Ah I see.

When I refer to Stock Hboot, I dont mean the stock hboot that comes with the desire. Alpharev refer to their S-off Hboot as "Stock" if it has the same internal partition sizes as the real stock hboot. When you s-off nowadays, it is protected. There is a downgrader you can flash to allow it to be overwritten.

Once you have S-off, you can use fastboot to flash a recovery image, instead of having to run unrevoked :)

11. lanceyboy

lanceyboy Lurker
    None

Aug 1, 2011
    sorted partitioned sd card and everythings working thanks for your help :)

Tags: