• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Loading ROMS and Boot Looping

Reinstalled my backup and read the instructions again and noticed you had noted that it could go into a reboot frenzy if the SDcard notification was enabled. And indeed, it was enabled. I disabled it and reinstalled both v1.0.1 and P3droid 1.2GHz... and yes I am blazing once again! :D

WOW! I think this may be the magic bullet! That's EXACTLY when mine would reboot is at the point when the notification sound would go off! I wish I had read/paid attention to that!

Upvote 0
I loaded NexBeast and restored my apps and did my usual customizations and NO boot looping. I did turn off the SD notification sound. Amazing. Thanks for the tip!

Good to hear you are up and running. I had a couple of issues, but Fab and the community within his ROM post (http://androidforums.com/all-things-root-droid/71752-themed-rom-nexbeast-v1-0-1-updated-5-17-2010-a.html) helped me get through most of them. But sometimes, the best thing we can do is read the instructions again to see what we left out... :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones