• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Loads of duplicate contacts

Ok so I accidentally imported my sim card contacts into my phone twice. Now while I have hidden the sim card contacts so everything looks ok on the people screen, if i go into a contact and look at what it is linked to there is 3 versions of the contact all on the phone and all just with the number.

Is there an easy way to sort this out?

Or should I just delete all my phone contacts and import from sim again?

Ok think What I will do is Sync my contact with google. Sort them all out then resync. Then I will sync with microsoft outlook so I have a "hard" copy so to speak then delete all phone and sim contacts and then sync with outlook and google again. That way I will have the google contacts all merged with the phone contacts. Going to be fun as I'll then have to go through all the contacts and link with facebook contacts!

I usually sync with Outlook 2007 on my desktop but i have the 2010 beta on my laptop and for some reason it doesn't want to sync at all. Says i have no mail program installed. anyway to fix this?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones