• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Local - app for Yelp reviews

Andrew
I downloaded Local, and tried it out.

Seems nice, clean UI. However, seems to lack the ability to find where I am using GPS?

It should easily allow the user to simply tap "Find Me", or "My location", and use the built in GPS to locate where the user currently is, rather then require them to enter location.

Also, perhaps store previously entered locations?

Otherwise, it is an excellent program to find restaurants and read reviews! Thanks!
:)

Upvote 0
I think the app is pretty damn nice ... lookup for almost anything .. Food, grocery, hardware, bikes, etc... looks like it might use yellowbook in getting its info??? but is very good ... once you click a found item then you have full listing --- location, phone, directions, reviews(thumbnails and full) ... i liked that the directions let you select from your installed apps for directions .. like browser, maps, and my fav "1 click directions" ....

The front-end input of "near" does not work with cell tower ... have not tried with GPS yet ... Also it would be nice if it would remember and let you select from previously entered locations ... there was a drop down of entry when you start to type a location ... but it was cut off and did not display the full previous entry ...so you have to retype/complete the entry all over again each time ...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones