1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Local Store just said the 24th

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by brainyjd, Feb 10, 2011.

1. brainyjd

brainyjd Lurker

I just called the local retail store and asked for the release date on the Thunderbolt. They immediately without hesitation told me that the release date was the 24th. Granted the store reps are usually the last to know but she sounded very confident. Maybe a few other people could call their local store and see what answers they get.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Eleer

Eleer Member

This is good news to hear. I am pretty sure this will most definitely be the release date. Seeing that you talked to the rep and they said this, it pretty much validates it. Are you going to get the Thunderbolt?

3. jayishere

jayishere Android Expert

I'm still sitting on the 14th as a release date, I just can't wait two more weeks, lol.

4. blackceasar

blackceasar Member

I went in yesterday and pre orderd and was told the 14th by the rep so im thinking the 24th lol

Deleted User likes this.
  5. odnerd

odnerd Member

Try calling back after her shift is over and ask someone else. Three different reps at my store in the past two days have all been very confident, one said "the 14th" another "the 24" and the last one very rudely said "that's actually coming to AT&T"... what the Best Buy reps say really means nothing till either Verizon or BB corporate announces it either publicly or something internally that gets leaked with a for sure date on it.

6. Eleer

Eleer Member

I don't understand why the release date hasn't been announced yet. Does Verizon not want to advertise and sell their FIRST 4G phone?!

7. dajogejr

dajogejr Member

Dripping with sarcasm....lol.

(Sorry...wrong post quoted)

8. jayishere

jayishere Android Expert

I drip on no one.

9. sean76

sean76 Android Expert

I heard Februnever 2011....this is about as botched a launch as a company can have. All due to this friggin iPhone.

10. Eleer

Eleer Member

Lol, I laughed, good post.

11. LoyalServant

LoyalServant Android Expert

To be fair we don't know why they are causing the confusion.
    It could be a marketing gimmick for all we know.
    It could also be Verizon having system problems.. it is their first 4G phone.

Or.. it could be as it was reportedly leaked... they want to wait out the 14 day remorse period of the iPhone.
    They don't want iPhone buyers to return the iPhone for a thunderbolt and have to restock a now used phone.

Personally I would rather all the kinks be worked out (if there are any!) before they let people buy it and find out that it's not working properly.

I also find it odd that they are sending these to reviewers without a sim card.... this just makes me wonder.
    For this being their first 4G phone why not show off the phone and it's talk+data at the same time feature and their network speed?

I think there is more to this than we know, and we will eventually know what that is I hope.

12. Eleer

Eleer Member

Feb. 24 Thunderbolt launch date confirmed - Android Forums

This guy is an administrator and has always known what he is talking about. Though he doesn't have a source to back up where he got his information, he is ALWAYS right when it comes to anything Android. You can bet your bottom dollar he is right. Launch day-February 24th.

13. jayishere

jayishere Android Expert

I'll believe it when I see it.

14. Depth Afield

Depth Afield Well-Known Member

So, I can bet my bottom dollar that I will not be able to exchange my DX at Costco until april 24... :(

Someone please tell me that this "exclusive" Best Buy garbage is just that: garbage.

WTT: Env2 for any verizon G3 device...

15. ThrillKill

ThrillKill Well-Known Member

I ordered two bolts..first and second pre-orders at my local BB. The mobile manager said he is hearing the 24th as a possible, but still can not confirm. I asked him if I could charge them interest on my gift card because they were going to have my money for so long without giving me anything in return. He laughed at me and said take an iphone 4 and return it when the bolt is released. I told him I'd rather have nothing

16. Tech Addiction

Tech Addiction Android Expert

Ouch!

17. rtm0004

rtm0004 Well-Known Member

didn't this same thing happen with the incredible launch??

I think it's just verizon. I remember when the bold was coming to verizon, and the release was as sloppy as this one. The only reason I know was that I was waiting from Jan-Apr for the bold to drop. never did (came out close to June IIRC), so I got the incredible instead....best decision I ever made!

18. HighHandicap

HighHandicap Newbie

A couple of thoughts:

1) How is this launch being "sloppily handled"? BB has had large number of poorly informed reps, but neither VZW or BB has made a formal announcement on the release date. There are plenty of websites discussing the launch and we're here several times a day obsessing over when the TB will be released. I'd say VZW is getting a lot of free pub and curiosity over this phone.

Having said that, can we just release this dang thing already! My BB Storm 2 is driving me up a wall.

2) How many of us have signed up for notices from VZW through their 4G/TB page? I won't worry about a release until I get that email from VZW. I'm pretty sure I'll have a day or two of notice once that email comes out. If they don't release on the date stated in that email, then I'll agree that it is a major cluster-f!@#

19. Tech Addiction

I'm beginning to think that email sign up was a cruel joke. Can you imagine someone waiting on their email and mean while it's been like 3 or 4 weeks after launch?

20. rocky s.

rocky s. Well-Known Member

Look, I'm certain that Verizon is looking out for our best interests here. That is why they had us sign up on their website for timely TB news, so they can better take care of us. Otherwise, a release date is really none of our business, so just knock it off.

21. Tech Addiction

LMAO, yea I signed up expecting updates on where the network was expanding, what new devices were coming oh and yea, when the TB was being released. The web page has had no updates and the only email I got was thanking me for signing up with them. Thanks VZW I feel completely kept abreast of the 4g news. I bet Amazon sends me an email telling me when it's being released before VZW. Yea I signed up there too. :-O

22. rocky s.

rocky s. Well-Known Member

Was hoping my tongue would be noticed in cheek with this post! :rolleyes:

23. twistedlim

twistedlim Android Expert

How will we ever wait another 10 days? I will let you know how mine works tomorrow....or 10 days from tomorrow :)

24. rtm0004

rtm0004 Well-Known Member

people know the phone is coming. I assume vzw knows people know and are wondering when it is coming. I am pretty sure vzw has a date set for release. I don't understand why they won't tell us. I think it may have something to do with the iphone but I'm not totally blaming that.

Whether it's Feb 24 or March 24, I can't think of a great reason why they won't release a date.

Technology issues? A phone this close to release with technology issues may be a bad sign

Sloppy may have been a poor choice of words, but I feel vzw could put a lot of people at ease just by giving a date. esp with people already plunking money down for this device

Deleted User likes this.
  25. Familyguy1

Familyguy1 Android Enthusiast

Which is what I still do not understand why they are doing that....

ckochinsky125 likes this.

HTC Thunderbolt Forum

The HTC Thunderbolt release date was March 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 768GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1400mAh battery.

March 2011
Release Date
Reviews