• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Local videos NOT playing

VMuser

Oct 7, 2011
Good morning Android fans!!!

This question is perplexing me, and I cannot figure it. So I figure I throw it to the general public hoping to get a solution.

I filmed several videos (MP4) so I own them, nothing illegal, etc. I copy these videos to my network drive in order to play them on my TV. They play beautiful. I then viewed them in my tablet (ASUS memopad HD) and my phone (Samsung Galaxy S4); they play just as great. I then downloaded them to my tablet, so I can show them to other people, and they wont play, same thing with my phone. I have tried internal memory, cheap sd cards, brand name sd cards, different size sd cards, at least 5 different video players

In my mind, if a file works while being read from the network, it should work exactly the same when stored on the local memory (Internal or sd). Is there a magic trick here that I am not aware of?

Can someone explain the problem, and how to solve it?

Please do not recommend a different video player: I have tried several different video players, same result.

Your time and expertise are sincerely appreciated.

R

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones