• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Locale is not working

Mishon

Jan 18, 2010
I am so fustrated with this app and its too late for a refund (its been 48 hours since purchase).

As you can assume, its not working for me, not at all. My status in notifications says No active situations--Locale is monitoring your conditions. I have set a situation for work for home and even a 'test' situation. I added then deleted the defaults, I have added and deleted the locations, made sure I let the app 'find' each location, and even tried going by time alone, and it STILL won't come on. my gps is on, all locations setting are on, but that doesnt explain why it would not work by time setting. I have tried turning each situation off and on and re-adjusting the order of priority. I don't know what I am missing.

I was totally mortified today in a meeting at work, with four Korean engineers from Samsung, when my ringer (which I should have doubled checked anyway) does not go to vibrate, or even to my work ringtone as the 'situation' was set for both to occur, but instead starts blasting, at full volume, the theme from Team America World Police. I managed to silence it halfway through the first verse, but that was bad enough.

Can someone please tell me what I am missing?

I have gone ahead and posted this to the developer forum, but honeslty thought that someone else using the same phone may have encountered the same issue, that is why I posted here.

To answer number 2. as I stated before,

I have tried turning each situation off and on and re-adjusting the order of priority. I don't know what I am missing.

The defaults and all situatations have been all on and all off and varying combinations to no avail, the defaults should only take over if no situations are met, but the defaults remain active all the time unless set to off. Bottom line, I have not been able to get ANY situations to become active since installation.

Upvote 0
I am so fustrated with this app and its too late for a refund (its been 48 hours since purchase).

As you can assume, its not working for me, not at all. My status in notifications says No active situations--Locale is monitoring your conditions. I have set a situation for work for home and even a 'test' situation. I added then deleted the defaults, I have added and deleted the locations, made sure I let the app 'find' each location, and even tried going by time alone, and it STILL won't come on. my gps is on, all locations setting are on, but that doesnt explain why it would not work by time setting. I have tried turning each situation off and on and re-adjusting the order of priority. I don't know what I am missing.

I was totally mortified today in a meeting at work, with four Korean engineers from Samsung, when my ringer (which I should have doubled checked anyway) does not go to vibrate, or even to my work ringtone as the 'situation' was set for both to occur, but instead starts blasting, at full volume, the theme from Team America World Police. I managed to silence it halfway through the first verse, but that was bad enough.

Can someone please tell me what I am missing?

I have noticed that with the latest update of Locale, my situations do not seem to be working correctly at all. I am having issues with my location, (Home will be active while I am at work 15 miles away, and home will not be active while I am at Home) The dock situations do not seem to be working correctly and seem to be slowing my system down conciderably. I even have some situations where volume on a call wont work and I have to reboot the device a few times before I be able to hear the person on the line (I am assuming this is also locale since I have a volume plug-in). I have resorted to turning locale off for now till the next update. This has upset me since this is probably my favorite app.

Upvote 0
i was totally mortified today in a meeting at work, with four korean engineers from samsung, when my ringer (which i should have doubled checked anyway) does not go to vibrate, or even to my work ringtone as the 'situation' was set for both to occur, but instead starts blasting, at full volume, the theme from team america world police. I managed to silence it halfway through the first verse, but that was bad enough.

f a i l

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones