• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Locale not returning

n0m0n

Nov 8, 2009
HERE
Ive been trying to figure out for a day now how to get Locale to work as I hoped it would.

I created a Substitution.
Time 1025 to 1215
Chose for the volume, and notifications to become silent at 1025.

To this point it works great at 1025 the phone goes into a silent mode, but it never comes out of it.

I wanted it to go back to normal at 1215 but unless I toggle the volume it stays in silent mode.

What am I doing wrong here?

Thanks

Oh OK thanks...
I was jsut looking at that and wondering what or if that was it.

I was wondering what setting the calendar, battery, wallpaper, did

Also what would contact do as a condition?

Thank you

Contact as a condition means if that person calls you on any of the numbers you have listed in their contact file.

I use it to turn on bluetooth when my partner or family calls so that I can get my headset connected quickly. NOTE: this will NOT WORK if you have bluetooth "OFF" set as a default in the "Configure Defaults" section. Best to just not have BT settings in your defaults period.
Also note, the profile is activated by the contact calling. If you don't answer, the profile will still activate. If you hang up, the conditions remain until you cancel them yourself. They are working on a way to give more options to the "contact" condition, however.

Upvote 0
Contact as a condition means if that person calls you on any of the numbers you have listed in their contact file.

I use it to turn on bluetooth when my partner or family calls so that I can get my headset connected quickly. NOTE: this will NOT WORK if you have bluetooth "OFF" set as a default in the "Configure Defaults" section. Best to just not have BT settings in your defaults period.
Also note, the profile is activated by the contact calling. If you don't answer, the profile will still activate. If you hang up, the conditions remain until you cancel them yourself. They are working on a way to give more options to the "contact" condition, however.

Sweet tip!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones