• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Locate My Droid

Locate My Droid (LMD) is a tool to locate your android 2.x device via SMS.
You can have the phone ring and or send its location back.
It will try to use GPS first. If GPS is not available then wifi / cel tower location will be used.
Even if your phone is muted or the volume is down it will un-mute your phone turn the volume all the way up and ring for the specified duration.
There are lots of options for toggling things like saving incoming and outgoing SMS to your SMS history, sending back access denied SMS for those not in your Access Control List.
You have a pass phrase for each function and an access list for contact names and numbers.
You can also password protect the app.
Free version is ad supported, full version unlocks the free version removing ad's and adding extra features like being able to mess with your friends by sending back a fake location when a request comes in.

LMD does require allot of permissions all of which are required for all the features it offers. The Help lists the reason each permission is needed.

Check out the full description and help file on my website:
PAR Droid Android Apps

Market link for mobile devices:
market://search?q=pname:eek:rg.par.locatemydroid

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones