• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Location history???

msaeger

Feb 19, 2012
Now that they took latitude out of google maps is there some way to get to my location history from my android device anymore? I am a field service tech and I was having fun looking at the location history and seeing how many times I go to places.

You can look at it in a browser but it's not the same because that version shows way too many time stamps latitude on the phone just showed the places I stopped at. Also latitude let me correct the places when google was wrong.

I haven’t had an occasion to use it, but I keep Route Tracer ready for the sort of thing you describe. Pretty good reviews, here’s its spiel...

- Track your route using your phone’s GPS capability - see your route map drawn while you move
- View stats while tracking (distance, speed and more)
- Save trips on your phone and manage them in an easy way.

Upvote 0
The functionality of Latitude has been moved to Google+. Settings > Location Sharing (FYI, the guy in charge of Google+ now is the old "Latitude guy")

Sorry, not sure if you are referring to Google+ location sharing in your comment about "browser"

I am referring to using a browser on a PC.

I read they moved it to google+ but I don't see how to view the history there. All I can find is how to see where your friends currently are and where you can enable it.

Upvote 0
I read they moved it to google+ but I don't see how to view the history there. All I can find is how to see where your friends currently are and where you can enable it.

Location sharing to replace Latitude is new to Google+ (a few weeks). But I can't find anything anywhere about seeing your history in Google+, how often you are in a place, etc. like Latitude had. Interesting. Maybe it will just take time to flush it out?

Upvote 0
Location sharing to replace Latitude is new to Google+ (a few weeks). But I can't find anything anywhere about seeing your history in Google+, how often you are in a place, etc. like Latitude had. Interesting. Maybe it will just take time to flush it out?

Thanks for looking that is my guess too I just wanted to see if I was just missing something.

I hate when they do this, google did the same thing with picasa. They took something I like and moved it to google+ without all the functionality at least in this case there is some nice stuff about the new version of maps.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones