• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Location of JPG Picture files

king12

Jun 2, 2011
I loaded 2 folders with jpg pictures to my A500 but I don't remember where I put them. When I launch the Gallery app, they show, and can be accessed, but I cannot determine their location. I have searched with 3 different file managers without success. I tried searching by folder name, individual file name and *.jpg. I have installed a couple of apps which are supposed to be able to find and display jpg files but they also do not find them.

I have both methods of accessing details. The detail panel pops up but does not show file location.

Really? That's odd. What version of Gallery are you using? Mine is 1.1.30682 and it shows Path: /mnt/sdcard/dcim/... etc at the bottom of the details list.

By the way, I think the search in android file manager apps is different to windows in that they don,t recognize wild card characters like *.
I tried a search in file manager HD for *.jpg and it came up blank, but plain .jpg found them all.
Doesn't explain why you couldn't find the folders though.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones