• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Location prompts

Around Nov. 22 I began to see numerous brief prompts on my screen reminding me to Enable Location. I rarely have my Location enabled for privacy/security reasons, but these prompts are a new, frequent & intrusive PITA. Does anyone know where they come from and how to stop them?
LG V30+ not rooted Android 9

The prompts are short-lived but I'll try to remember the exact language the next time one flies by. They are not associated with any specific app and.... Here's. One. Now! "Turn on Location in Settings in order to..... I forget the rest. I don't think I've seen one while my Mail app (which is Type) is opened but as I write this my Via browser is open & it came through. It is a white type on dark Grey or black background that appears across the bottom of the screen like a thin ribbon. I generally have location permission not enabled on Via, but when these started appearing I enabled Location permission. But the prompts show regardless of whether it is enabled or not.

Upvote 0
The prompt reads "Turn on location in settings in order to obtain your current location"... which is just plain stupid because of course I know my own location.
Followup 12-7-21 if anyone interested. The location requests disappears after I logged out of my Microsoft account. I had foolishly signed in to look at Outlook mail and neglected to sign out.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones