• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Location services turn on, no permissions given

B Matheson

Lurker
Jul 2, 2017
I don't use location unless I'm using my navigation app. GPS always taps out my battery very quickly, so I only enable it in the vehicle when it's plugged in. Thus, I have always denied permission to apps for location as a default. I do this when apps are installed, and I've gone over the permissions regularly. I've spent a lot of time on this, and cannot see what app or service is turning on location services. Is there an Android or LG specific service not in my control that could be doing this?

Is there an app that will monitor location services and alert me to what and when tries to enable them? And even better, block such action? I don't notice until my phone warns me of the 15% battery level.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones