1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Lock all texts or Save to PC?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ninjalaura, Feb 8, 2014.

1. ninjalaura

ninjalaura Lurker
    None

Aug 5, 2010
    I was wondering if anyone can help please,

I have over 700 msgs on my phone which i want to keep, my dad passed away last year and i never want to delete all his text msgs, i am giving the phone to my mum and im scared she accidently deletes them.. or loses the phone!

Is there a way to lock all msgs at once, i could never go through them one by one to lock them it would take forever, also is there a way to save all these texts msgs to my PC so i can keep them safe and read them on my PC? Even if i could transfer them to my Samsung S4?

Any help would be much appreciated,

thanks!

Advertisement

2. Rukbat

Rukbat Android Expert
    None

Jan 16, 2012
    Male
    Being retired and writing Tasker tasks.
    Fayetteville, NC, USA
    SMS Bsckup+. Free at the Play store. It translates them into XML files, which aren't exactly like reading prose, but you can learn to ignore the XML headers and read the original text. Or maybe soeone will wrote/has written an xml SMS reader. I never looked for one because I can read xml.

DO NOT leave the messages, locked or unlocked, on your phone. Even if your mom never deletes them, what if she loses the phone or it gets stolen - or she drops it as she's backing out of the driveway and drives over it, destroying it.

Back them up to your computer. Get a Google Cloud account. Save the backup there. Get a Dropbox account. Save the backup there. Be paranoid about it. Whatever we do, we can't get our loved ones back, so let's preserve any part of them we can.

Abd sorry about your dad.

3. philayl

philayl Android Expert

Jun 25, 2010
    Male
    Wirral, Merseyside, England
    Hi, although I am not a fan of Samsung Kies, it does allow you to back up all the data on your phone to your PC, and the messages will be in the original format, you could also maybe copy them onto your S4 from there. Phil