1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Lock and Home button not working!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by lindseyraeken, Dec 23, 2013.

1. lindseyraeken

lindseyraeken Lurker
    None

Dec 23, 2013
    Earlier today my phone turned itself off and on again and then shortly after I got a message saying I needed an update, so I installed the system update. Right after I installed it, my home button stopped taking me to the home screen, my lock button turned the screen black but when I hit it again, it didn't show my lock screen it just went straight to the home screen.
    The sounds are also different then what I had set up and the brightness changed, which isn't a big deal, but what the heck happened?:mad:

Advertisement

2. kdude63

kdude63 Member
    None

May 16, 2013
    Male
    Freelancer
    Paradise CA
    Sounds like something went wrong during the update. I don't think there's much you can do other than replace it.

(If it's under warranty or anything.)

3. exgenmeikoj

exgenmeikoj Android Enthusiast
    None

The lock screen may be a setting off in lock screen that says lock instantly with power button or the lock screen is set.to none as far as your button not sure about that

4. mlawson77

mlawson77 Lurker
    None

Aug 24, 2011
    Male
    Home Improvements
    North Carolina
    There are a lot of people, after the update, having issues with the power button and home button bringing it out of it's "sleep"...
    I had the issue too where I would pick my phone up, press the home button to bring up the lock screen and it would just show a grey or black screen with a couple lines running through it and I would have to press the side power key to lock again and then re-press and it would come up normally.
    This was on 2 different devices both F3's after the update.
    I have 3 of these and my 3rd one it updated and so far I have not ran into this with it but who knows about down the road...

Looks like it is a bigger issue with more devices and a glitch in the update they pushed out.