1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support Lock button issues

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by thew0nderfish, Oct 18, 2012.

1. thew0nderfish

thew0nderfish New Member

Sep 7, 2012
    call centre drone
    Melbourne, Australia
    So about a week ago, I managed to do one of the stupidest things of my life, and I let my phone slip out of my pocket and into what was supposed to be a nice relaxing bath. I grabbed it out of the water instantly and dried it off, and it didn't appear to be worse for wear, everything still functioned as normal.

Until today. I needed to turn off the phone and fiddle with the SIM card for reasons that aren't worth going into. When I tried to turn off the phone, I held down the lock button as normal, but nothing happened. The Turn Off/Restart/Airplane mode window wouldn't show up.

The odd thing is that the lock button itself still works to lock/unlock the screen. But the power off screen will not show up, no matter how long I hold down the button.

My main concern is that if the button won't work, if the phone ever turns off I won't be able to turn it back on. Normally I don't turn my phone off, I just use the one battery and charge it via USB. I'm going to try putting my phone in with a dehumidifier for an evening and see if that fixes the problem. Has anyone else had a similar problem, or offer any other ideas on what to do?

For reference, I'm using an HTC Incredible S. I've had it for a little less than a year, so it would still be under warranty, though obviously any water damage wouldn't be covered.

Advertisement

2. irhalim84

irhalim84 Member

Aug 11, 2011
    Asistant Manager
    Malaysia
    Have u try factory reset?