1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Lock Icon in Left Corner?

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by JMMFIRE, Sep 28, 2014.

1. JMMFIRE

JMMFIRE Lurker

So I'm looking into buying an LG G2 from a guy off of a forum. However, he sent me this picture of the phone running and there is a lock icon in the top left corner. What is this icon and what does it mean? ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411921550.937520.jpg

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. iowabowtech

iowabowtech root@android:/ #

Hmm, can't say I've seen that icon on my G2. Possibly related to the device being encrypted? Or a 3rd party app that just happens to use that icon? Might want to just ask the guy. If it's an app, I can load it onto mine and replicate it so you'll know for sure.

3. Welcome to Android Forums.

I would assume that the first thing you would do when you receive it from a source like this is to do a Factory Data Reset.

My concern would be if it is or ever has been root-ed. Mischief could be introduced that way.

... Thom

4. Brian706

Brian706 I like turtles!

It might be a persistent notification from this app: http://lockmenu.com/faq/

You could just ask the seller if you want to know for sure. If he tells you what app it's from, you can look into it further if you want.

5. nickdalzell

nickdalzell Extreme Android User

I saw this very icon on a TouchWiz ROM i had on my Note 3, i think tapping it takes you to the lock screen. it's likely this G2 is running a custom ROM based on the stock software.

6. Clementine_3

Clementine_3 Extreme Android User
    VIP Member

It looks like the lock for trusted bluetooth, only locked, like the the BT is out of range.