1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

General lock on phone when dailing

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by chestnut626, Dec 22, 2011.

1. chestnut626

chestnut626 New Member

Dec 22, 2011
    can someone help just got the precedent and when you dial out the lock comes up and if you are making a call where you have to enter # like for customers service press 1 you can't, it doesn't allow the dialpad to come up and it tells you to tap top to unlock but then this disconnect the call

Advertisement

2. kolosus

kolosus Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2010
    PA/NJ Usa
    Settings> Accessibility Settings

Power button ends call. Di-select it.

Jpoinan and Brightwater56 like this.
  3. Brightwater56

Brightwater56 New Member

Feb 12, 2012
    Upstate NY
    Thank you - Same issue. Thanks for the info.

Out of curiosity, if one does not deselect the option, how does one answer or make a call? I've been trying to figure it out and can't - so why would the factory set it that way?

Thanks much. I just got a StraightTalk Samsung Galaxy Precedent. I'm an average user, older (mid-50s) and not very techie. I like the phone so far. We live in a residential area, have no reception issues, and have used Trackfone & StraightTalk a lot. Went to AT&T - Returning to StraightTalk, thank you very much.

I've had Avast Antivirus (paid) on my computer for a few years. Immediately installed on my Precedent. Like it, working well.

Thanks for the help.

4. Rukbat

Rukbat Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2012
    Male
    Being retired and writing Tasker tasks.
    Fayetteville, NC, USA
    Answer - it unlocks when a call comes in, so you can answer it. (Then it locks again.) Make a call - It's unlocked when you make a call until you "send" the call (green handset).
    Why? So you don't "cheek-dial" while you're on the phone.
    You're still a baby - I was in college when you were born. :) It's not how old we are, it's what we did all our lives. Since I've been in communications since '57, a cellphone isn't much of a mystery to me. (Having owned a cellphone store helped too.)
    The only problem I have with ST is customer "service". The Precedent is a good phone for the price (although I'm looking to get something with more RAM and a larger screen - and I think you know why I want a larger screen. $45/month for unlimited talk, text and browsing? Not bad, and even better when they have one of their free phone and 3 months service for $99 deals. Toss the phone in a drawer and use the card for your Precedent's service renewal.

5. xPureEvilx

xPureEvilx Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2011
    Male
    Truck Driver
    Onaway, MI
    ST's customer service is useless, you have a better chance of fixing your phone by throwing it in a lake and hoping some short fixes it then dealing with ST's customer dis-services.