1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Lock/Power Button Problem

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by wrek-blok, Jun 7, 2011.

1. wrek-blok

wrek-blok Lurker
    None

Jun 7, 2011
    I recently purchased a HTC Incredible S and after a weeks use I have noticed that the lock/power button didn't seem to be in place anymore. It hasn't become a big issue for myself but I have begun to notice that it has shifted down at a angle. I had purchased the phone of eBay and unfortunately couldn't receive any warranty on it but I am willing to take the risk and find a way to fix the issue since I won't necessarily be voiding anything. My previous phone was a Nokia N8 and if any users on the forum have had the phone will know that it had a load of issues regarding the battery, power up, power down etc.

Have I caved in the power/button and is there a way to repair this on my own?

Could someone please help me on this issue, this is a great phone and I really don't wanna run into some bad luck with this one. :(

Advertisement

2. ashvarma

ashvarma Member
    None

Jan 29, 2011
    Although I have not had any experience of malfunctioning of Power button so far, I do agree that they have such a tiny surface button which doesn't give you a good tactile feedback of when it has clicked and when it has not.

Plus with such a low profile and being thin, I am frustrated at times in locating it.
    Plus a side placement would have been better for single hand press.

3. atn_chargers

atn_chargers Member
    None

May 22, 2010
    You must have a defective phone. Try to put a silicone case that has a raised slot for the power button. Hopefully that'll make it easier for you to access the power button.

4. rocky0931

rocky0931 Lurker
    None

Jan 13, 2012
    Mine has no problem with it. I check to retailer for ship date of my device: it's 2011/12. Some says this issue happened on ship date before 2011/08. Maybe u guys can check it on your own. :)