1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Lock running app - possible or not ?

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by royaldroid, Jan 12, 2012.

1. royaldroid

royaldroid Lurker
    None

Jan 6, 2012
    Hello !
    I'm searching for something like applock,smart applock,etc ,but able to password lock a running application.
    I'm running various apps in the background and i don't want anybody else accesing them...my wife and son often play with my device.
    Thank you very much!

Advertisement

2. tobyjuggler

tobyjuggler Well-Known Member
    None

Jan 17, 2011
    I use App Protector Pro to keep people from opening apps like Facebook and e-mail. The apps are still listed, but can't be opened without a password or swipe pattern. Hope this is the kind of thing you're looking for. It's the best of the protectors I've found and you can turn it on and off via a widget.

If you're looking for something that actually hides running apps, then sorry, I don't know.

3. royaldroid

royaldroid Lurker
    None

Jan 6, 2012
    thanks tobyjuggler ,but that's not what i'm looking for.let's say that an audio player runs in the background,(an example,could be any background app,hidden app) , when i bring it on the screen i want to ask me for a pass to access features like stop/delete/etc .

4. tobyjuggler

tobyjuggler Well-Known Member
    None

Jan 17, 2011
    It might actually do what you want. For example, I have it protecting my SMS messages in Handcent. I also have Handcent pop up a dialog box when a new message is received. Messages are still received and the audio notification still happens, but you can't read the popup without putting in the password. It sounds to me that it works the same way as your example. The audio player will still work in the background (I think), but as soon as you bring it into focus, you have to use a password. There is a free version of the app on the Market you could try beforehand though to be sure.