1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Lock Screen and Notifications

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by s3user72, Jan 9, 2014.

1. s3user72

s3user72 Lurker
    None

Jan 9, 2014
    Hi,

My s3 broke the other day and I just got my replacement in the mail this morning. A lot of things are completely different, which I'm attributing to the software update that I had been neglecting to install for the last couple weeks. I'm having some trouble with some of the changes and was hoping for some help.

First, my text notifications are now extremely vague. When I get an email the notification shows who its from and the first few words of the message. Texts used to show this as well. Now instead of the name it says "Messaging" and instead of first bit of the message it says "New Message." Is there a way to change this?

Second, the lock screen looks way different than it used to. I liked it before when it just showed the time and weather. Then when I got a text or missed call it had the bubbles that could be swiped left or right to open the message or call log. Can I change a setting somewhere to get back to this? Right now I just have this stupid "Messaging: New Message Notification."

Thanks for your help!

Advertisement

2. s3user72

s3user72 Lurker
    None

Jan 9, 2014
    Hi again,

I figured out how to get sender information in the text notification. For anyone else who is having this problem: go into messaging, menu, then settings and there is a box to check.

I am, however, still having major issues with the lock screen. I've been playing around trying to set up this phone for a few hours now so any tips would help. I don't get why there are multiple pages of lock screen and I don't like the new set up.

I would love to get those notification bubbles back. If anyone knows how, I would really appreciate the help.

Thanks!